“Nice view and good food”

Pearl's Saltwater Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Pearl's Saltwater Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 897 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Nottingham/Eisenhower
Description: Fresh Seafood and Choice Steaks ….enjoyed overlooking the Herb River Nestled in the heart of Sandfly lies one of the most closely guarded secrets when it comes to seafood restaurants. Pearl's Saltwater Grille has been a local favorite for more than twenty years. Chef Troy Rochford's menu is a Seafood Lover's Paradise. From Parmesan Crusted Grouper to Crab Stuffed Flounder to Jumbo Grilled Caribbean Shrimp there is something for everyone at Pearl's Saltwater Grille. Landlovers may select from choice steaks, chicken or pasta specialties. Enjoy the Spectacular view of the Georgia coastline and the wild life that inhabits the marshlands while you dine.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

6 of us met up at Pearls for dinner. 4 of us got the Lobster Savannah and were not disappointed. The scallops and Crab Au Gratin were also enjoyed. A bonus for me was the craft beers offered. The service was very good and the prices reasonable. For visitors who want a good local experience and good food, this is a good choice.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We celebrated one of my family members birthday here on June 15th. The service was fast and efficient for the number of guest in our party. The seafood was fresh and the hushpuppies were breathtaking.

1  Thank Saundra G
Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you are in Savannah and want the real local seafood restaurant experience (as opposed to the tourist places), try Pearl's. You have to drive a little, but this place is the Real Deal. Located on the side of a marsh creek, the first thing that strikes you is the wonderful view. they have large glass windows that give you the feeling your are dining on a boat in the water.

The service is excellent, with the wait staff and often the manager making sure you are enjoying your visit. The main menu thrust is seafood and they do a great job. On our last visit, My wife and I together ordered the Seafood Feast, which includes flounder, shrimp, oysters, and scallops. When you combine all that with their excellent sweet hush puppies and a salad or appetizer, that was more than enough for both of us. My son ordered the shrimp and scallop combo plate. The seafood is mostly local and tastes like only fresh seafood that is properly prepared can taste. They also have a few non-seafood items for those who want that, but the the thrust of their business is fresh, well-prepared seafood.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

On our trip to Savannah we decided to go outside the historic district to eat, because we had bad experiences at 2 places. My husband found this place online so we took a chance. It was kind of weird to get there. We went to through neighborhoods to get there, so when we arrived I was kind of surprised the building was where it was located. Not too much to look at on the outside, but the food was excellent. The view looking outside was very nice too. I ordered Shrimp & Crab Meat Au Gratin. It didn't look like it would be enough, but it was filling. I ate every bit of it. My in laws (who are from and live overseas) were with us and EXTREMELY picky loved their food as well.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The staff here is fantastic, The restaurant has a hige wall of windows and the views are beautiful. Unfortunately that's about it. Fair warning I am not a fan of heavy southern food, but even ordering the healthiest sounding item on the menu resulted in an over buttered piece of decent fish. My mom ordered the she crab soup and the crab gratin. She is a fan of southern food and she felt it wasn't very tasty either.
The bar is beautiful so I would suggest coming for the view and having a few drinks at the bar.