“Lovely decor, good tea”

Ranked #188 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Purveyor of fine loose tea,accessories,gifts,jewelry, and to go tea.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We popped into the Tea Room close to closing time (it was already 4:30). After a slight hesitation regarding the timing, we were seated and were able to enjoy a nice pot of tea and a serving of scones with clotted cream and jam. The tea was very good (well, we are boring and chose English Breakfast) and the scones were tasty. I particularly enjoyed the decor, which takes its inspiration from the tea rooms in Glasgow designed by Charles Rennie Macintosh.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We are staying down the road from this lovely tea shop. We came across it and only wished we had known about it before and had room for one of their delectable afternoon teas with finger sandwiches, cream tea with scones and cake.....the works! We had the Earl Grey white tip tea, which was brewed to perfection.

1  Thank lolaCape
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful place for a "girls lunch". Tables are well spaced to allow for conversation. The chefs special is a superb way get to taste both the soup and the sweets as well. Great place, and so pretty with the antique tea services too!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My experience at the Tea Room was ok at best. I waited a while to be seated and was finally seated by a young guy in a t-shirt. I ordered tea and scones, while the tea was good, the scones were odd, only after I was served and ate one did the waiter mention they were white chocolate, cinnamon and oranges - they were good but not scones. Service was good, but odd to have such young guys serving afternoon high tea. Overall ok, but pricey for the experience. I've been to other tea rooms and other high teas and they were much better experiences.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I took my Mom here a couple of times and she really enjoyed it. Once we had lunch and the second time we had tea & sweets. The ambiance is darling and the service exceptional. Just a nice place to enjoy some tea and scones in a warm & cozy setting.

1  Thank 22Cool