“AMAZING”
Review of Alligator Soul

Alligator Soul
Reserve with OpenTable
Alligator Soul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 871 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broughton/State
Transit: There is bus transportation within and without the city limits and the guest would need to contact the City of Savannah for bus routes and schedules.
Description: Alligator Soul is the answer to the question, “Where is the best place to dine while in Savannah?” Located in Savannah’s Downtown District, on historic Telfair Square, Alligator Soul is an upscale, yet unpretentious, restaurant that is decidedly unique among fine dining in Savannah. Whether a longtime resident or first time visitor to Savannah, we offer you and your guests uncompromising quality in food, service and hospitality. Enjoy the distinctive Southern ambiance and regional cuisine with a French-Creole flair while dining below ground in the Colonial cellars. Alligator Soul is known for eclectic Southern dining with a seasonal menu that utilizes farm-fresh ingredients, local day boat fish and grass fed meat. Your full service experience begins with fresh cocktails and continues through the evening with in house made desserts. From all of us at Alligator Soul, we look forward to treating you as our honored guest from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave.
Midwest
“AMAZING”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This food, service, drink and atmosphere was top notch. We thankfully went during restaurant week when it was a little bit more affordable. But even at full price, it is totally worth it. Get the bacon wrapped filet. Just do it. You won't regret it!

Maureen C, Owner at Alligator Soul, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you so much for the review! Hope to see you in for another one of our bacon wrapped filets soon.

Miami
“One of the best restaurants in Savannah”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Tonight's dinner is at Alligator Soul, 114 Barnard St. 912- 232-7899. You enter this restaurant via stairs to the basement. But this is no ordinary basement, what you have is a very elegant bar and dining room. Our server had a way of describing the food so descriptive that she had you eager to try everything, even things you didn't know you liked. We found out that this is restaurant week and for $30 you can get an appetizer, main dish and dessert. We had alligator boudin sausage, Bison flank steak and chocolatier choice with was a orange infused chocolate pudding/mousse. This is also on my must eat at restaurant in Savannah. Everything was spectacular, this is also on my must eat at restaurants in Savannah.

Maureen C, Owner at Alligator Soul, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
You're making us blush over here! Thank you for the wonderful write up. We can't wait to serve you up another tasty meal soon.

Montana
“Our top Savannah eatery”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We were only in Savannah for two days and evenings so to be fair we didn't get to try too many of the local places. I just picked this one after looking at yelp reviews. Wow. It was fabulous. And pricey but we knew that going in. Wonderful locally sourced food and some interesting surprises on the menu (ostrich the night of our visit). We tried a house crafted cocktail and our server capably helped me make a choice which I really liked (it had tequila, violet liquor and maraschino liquor I think).

We did the oysters from the menu and yum! Fried green tomatoes (can't say I really like these, but I do keep trying...I blame the movie for this). Hard choice but I did a duck cassoulet which was very good. Banana beignets for dessert.

The place is below ground and is very attractive. We just loved it all...the setting, the ambiance, the wonderful food and very attentive service. Would go back again in a hearbeat.

Visited July 2014
Maureen C, Owner at Alligator Soul, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Sounds like you ordered all the best stuff! Thanks so much for the amazing review. We hope you'll be in town again soon -- we'd love to see you back for more!

Savannah
“Outstanding, one of the best!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I am a local here in Savannah and was able to try this amazing place during Restaurant Week. My guest and I started out with some incredible cocktails: a bloody Mary for me (seriously the best one I've ever had (sorry grandpa!)) and a martini for him. Our server (please forgive me for not remembering her name; see the bloody Mary part) was professional, attentive, and well versed in all things Alligator Soul. You could just tell she loved working there; something not normal in the hospitality industry. I had the Fried Green Tomatoes (best in town), the Soul Creole with quite possibly the best Andouille sausage in the world, and the banana beignet.
]My friend enjoyed his Bison Asado and lemon/blueberry cheesecake (he wouldn't share). Every dish compliment each other and I dare say this was the best meal I've had in 8 years of living here.

Prompt service, great food, and a wonderful staff. This place has it going on. We will be back often! (seriously though...the bloody mary...amazing!!!)

Maureen C, Owner at Alligator Soul, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
A better Bloody Mary than how grandpa makes? What a compliment, Erin! Thanks for taking the time to sing our praises. We hope to see you back in soon for more of your favorites!

Take care,
Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Exceptional!!!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Outstanding food for the value. If you go you need to ask for Rebekah. She provided exceptional service and even took care of my special gluten free diet. If you are in Savannah... you must stop here!

Visited July 2014
Maureen C, Owner at Alligator Soul, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
This review is music to our ears! We always want our guests to have a truly memorable experience, and I couldn't be happier to hear that Rebekah gave you just that with her attentive service. We're lucky to have her and you can be sure that I'll pass all of your wonderful comments on to her. Thanks for recommending us so highly, and we hope you'll come back and see us the next time you're visiting Savannah!

All the best,