“good price-average food”

Ranked #30 of 894 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Olympia Cafe has been a Savannah landmark for over 20 years. Located on historic River Street, we only serve fresh, local seafood and homemade Greek specialties. Our Whole Snapper and Kalamari are famous! We also serve 32 Flavors of Ice Cream and housemade Greek desserts, along with Espresso and Cappucchino and a large selection of Greek wines.Join us for impeccable service and delicious food while watching the ships make their way to the sea.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Arriving in Savannah we knew that our pocketbooks were in for a work out. We saw the prices on the menu and a decent sized crowd so we thought we would give it a try. When the waitress came over, we asked her some questions about the food. She said that we ask funny questions. I don't think asking if the chicken kabobs were white meat and if the tuna was albacore were funny. We took a chance and ordered the above. The tuna was heavy onion. The taste was ok otherwise. I order tuna a lot and this was nothing to write home about, but not bad. My mom and sister got the chicken kabobs and ate it all. They enjoyed them. The price was fine and the service fine once she was prompted.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My friend and I stopped in here on a hot day on the river to cool off with a beer and an adult beverage. Next thing you know we ordered an appetizer platter, delicious combo of Greek appetizers. My friend enjoyed the stuffed grape leaves so much she ordered a whole plate of them. One more beer. Which by the way you can take with you in a plastic cup when you leave. Gotta love a town that lets you walk around with an open alcoholic beverage. Then I decided to get a gyro and baklava to go for dinner later that evening. The owner was nice and slipped in an extra piece of baklava for free. We just sat in the front room and ordered from the cashier, so can't speak for the wait staff.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

The appetizer portions are small, and not that great. The seafood entrée was ok, but don't order the hamburger. It is frozen and tasteless.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We recently enjoyed a dinner at Olympia Cafe after wandering around the riverfront area on a Saturday night, newly arrived in town and looking for something that wasn't primarily a bar! We love Greek food so we figured Olympia would be a safe bet.

The hostess who seated us was a bit dismissive, but our waitress was fantastic and helped us navigate the wine list and menu. The octopus appetizer was quite good (order it grilled as our waitress suggested!) and the stuffed grape leaves tasted freshly made (not from a can). Our entrees tended to be on the salty side. Overall we had a great time. I don't think we would travel out of our way to eat there again, but if you're in the area and in the mood for Mediterranean food then consider this a very good option!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Although this café has a good selection of Greek specialties, it also has great seafood.

In response to our question regarding a couple of wines available by the glass, our waiter offered my wife and I sample tastes of each of them - an excellent marketing solution!

After choosing our wines, we enjoyed a complementary appetizer - a skinless roasted red pepper filled with goat cheese.

The wife had a some excellent lamb chops while I had a wonderful grilled salmon topped with crab stuffing that was more crab than stuffing!

Definitely one of the best restaurants on River Street.