“Fantastic Pub!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 15, 2013

On the last day of our vacation my wife and I went for a late day carriage tour of old Savannah. We inquired about a place where we could get a good meal after the ride. Our host recommended Molly MacPherson's Scottish Pub & Grill located one street over. So we went. Very nice atmosphere. Staff was great and helpful. I ordered Shepard's Pie which I haven't had in a long time. This was by far the BEST Shepard's Pie I have had in a really long time. It arrived with a beef sauce that just put it OVER THE TOP! My wife had the Steak & Guinness Stew which she enjoyed almost as much as I enjoyed my Shepard's Pie. I really loved that Pie. I wish we had a Molly MacPherson's Scottish Pub & Grill in Connecticut. I would return to Savannah just to go to Molly MacPherson's Scottish Pub & Grill again.

1  Thank Tom M

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My party of four went here on a Monday night where the establishment was not that busy. Service was extremely slow just to acknowledge that we were waiting for a table or even bring us our drinks once we were seated.

After we were finally served and thoughts of leaving had dissipated, things seemed to improve.

The food was good, but definitely over salted. The meals could have been seen on an episode of "Salt Shaker Gone Wild!"

The atmosphere is typical pub style and they carry lots of beers to choose from.

I wouldn't recommend the steak stew, but the meatloaf and Shepard's Pie were good.

1  Thank Cynderella43
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Girls trip! Allie was warm and sweet. Helped us old gals out with some new drinks. Food was home cooked, even offered a gluten free menu when over hearing us trying to figure it out! Staff seemed to get along which gave an " at home vibe". You will love it.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is one of those really great local pubs with a super comfortable feel. Decor is very inviting, employees are very accommodating and friendly. The beer selection was extensive and the chardonnay was cold. All the food menu items were reasonably priced.

A great place to sit down and cool off with a cold drink on a hot afternoon!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive place to eat and while this place doesn't have much ambiance it does have pretty good food and good service. If you are on a budget and you want a hardy meal then this is the place to check out. There isn't many places where four can eat dinner in Savannah for $48. We notice that several senior citizens were eating here and from what I could tell they ate here regularly.