“great hotel!!”

Ranked #35 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Tamassee SC
“great hotel!!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This is a great hotel, especially the staff. Mario went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. The location of this hotel is very convenient to everything in Savannah. River Street is just across the road (Bay St.). It's within walking distance of dozens of great restaurants and bars. The only thing I can find to complain about is that the breakfast buffet kept running out of coffee cream. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Savannah. I do wish the TV was high def.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking Bay Street if you're into people watching.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Betsy P, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review. Mario will be so excited that you mentioned him and that he was able to make you feel welcome. I would also like to thank you for bringing the coffee issue to our attention. It will help us do better in the future. Please come back to Savannah and visit us again soon.
Betsy Portune

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Lincoln, Delaware
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Have stayed here a few times now and will not stay anywhere else in Savannah. The staff is wonderful and location is perfect. Never had a bad experience here! Everyone was helpful, courteous and would go out of their way to help make the stay enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Vanessa Q, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the future. Warm Regards, Vanessa
Warner Robins, Georgia
Reviewed April 19, 2014

After having an excellent stay at a Staybridge, and being an IHG member, staying at the Historic District location was a no-brainer. Check in was fine for us (saw several reviews where there were issues), but we showed up just after 3 pm and got our room right away. I was slightly bummed, because I saw bags of goodies waiting for other IHG members, but we didn't receive anything (it's usually just a bottle of water, but that would have been nice after traveling all day). I was impressed with the lobby—it's bright and has a modern industrial look to it with exposed brick—it set a good tone to the rest of the hotel.

Unfortunately, our room looked nothing like the lobby. Our "suite" was a tiny room with a small kitchenette (since when does a kitchen qualify a room as a suite?). A suite, I thought, has either a separate area with a sofa, at least. This was small and cramped and we were literally stuck in the middle of the hotel. Our window overlooked the inside of the hotel, which was really disappointing. We wanted a suite, because we're traveling with a baby and it's nice to have a separate area for her. This room barely had room for a crib.

We've definitely stayed in bigger rooms in Savannah and for a much cheaper price. I'm glad I gave this a shot, but despite the excellent location, the room and the price are deal breakers for returning, which is a shame since we travel to Savannah often.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside view. Also, if you get a suite, make sure it's the type of suite...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Vanessa Q, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,

Thank you for your review. We value all feedback from our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and our location in the historic district. I apologize that you were disappointed with the size of the room, but I sincerely hope you stay with us again in your travels to Savannah. Warm Regards, Vanessa
Rockville
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We had had reservations at another hotel that fell through. I found this hotel via the trip advisor app. Even though we only stayed here for one night just about everything about our stay was awesome. The bedding felt like we were sleeping on a cloud! The entire staff was friendly and accommodating. They even gave us a discount on the room and free parking! We will be staying there again. The only reason they didn't get 5 stars is that the bathtub drain leaked a bit, not a big deal.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,

Thank you for your review. We value all of our guest's feedback, and we appreciate you bringing the minor maintenance issue to our attention. I hope we have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the future. Warm Regards, Vanessa
Fairlawn, OH
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We have just booked our third trip to Savannah, staying in the Staybridge Suites right on Bay Street in the heart of the Historic District. Can't say enough good about this hotel. Our suite has been beautiful; a large airy room with large windows. Very comfortable; staff is wonderful; complimentary breakfast can't be beat! Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,
Thank you for your review. We consider our guests to be like family, and I hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the future. Warm regards, Vanessa.
Huron, Ohio
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed here for 7 nights based on reviews. It gets a 5 for location, and 5 for breakfast food, it's clean, and the beds are comfy BUT it's vacation, they are in the hospitality business and it should be darn near perfect. So, I'm going to be critical the door fell off our closet and the slider was bent and there was no way any one attempted to fix this problem before. They just set it back up until the next person tried to open it. The breakfast food is great BUT one day there was NO MILK and silverware and cereal bowls were always running out, as was some foods. They would bring more silverware and bowls but it was a wait and not efficient at all. . Once, they cleaned after 4pm and we left the room and waited in the lobby and twice they didn't clean our room and didn't restock for towels or tp either.Finally, I asked at the front desk to get us a taxi for 10:30 the next morning to go to the airport, when we checked early to make sure it was done, they couldn't find any notes indicating it had been and said they'd call us back. They never called us back and ordered one as we checked out, which came promptly.
Yes, everyone was friendly I just don't think they are all that efficient. We were there 7 days and this all didn't happen the same day. The location, price and quality of breakfast would bring us back. It didn't ruin our wonderful vacation but everything annoying about our trip happened here. I just think rating this Staybridge a 5 would be inaccurate of our 7 day stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Vanessa Q, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,

Thank you for your review. We value all feedback from our guests as we constantly strive for exceptional service for our guests. I apologize that we fell short of your expectations during your stay with us, but I sincerely hope we have the pleasure of having you as our guest in the future. Warm Regards, Vanessa.
Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My mom and I stayed her for two nights (April 2014) and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very clean and the staff was excellent. Every member of the staff at the Staybridege makes you feel important and welcomed. The location of the hotel is great, we walked everywhere, and Savannah is super easy to navigate. The only complaint I have was the shower head was a bit hard, I couldn't figure out how to change the water flow, it was a bit too much. I am sure there is a way that could be fixed, and in the hotels defense I never mentioned it to them. Anyway.. great hotel and I would most definately stay there again. It is also dog friendly and the rooms certainly do not relfect that.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Staybridge Guest,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the future. We appreciate your input regarding the minor maintenance issue you experienced; we will address the issue promptly. Warm regards, Vanessa.