“Nice place to stay right in the Historic District”

Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District
Ranked #37 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Jacksonville
“Nice place to stay right in the Historic District”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was a nice place to stay, had to pay for parking $12 per night but it was worth it. Had the upper deck of parking on Lincoln street and street level small lot. We got there about 2 PM and had to wait for the room until 3 PM, NO POOL or hot tub. The had a hot breakfast, however when we went down at 8 AM, no eggs, coffee was out and they had no real pastries. They did have fresh fruit bowl with melons and also had bananas and oranges, they had one waffle maker but it was busy since they had no eggs, they took time to replenish the food on the bar, they had grits, sausage, and oatmeal. As well as breakfast cereal, mild and juice. Our room had a refrig. microwave and all the comforts of home, TV with cable and wifi, If you forgot any thing or needed a late nite snack the had a little pantry, they had washer and dryers that was free to use. And even had a laundry basket in the room. We had a king size bed, and it was nice. The only thing was the pillows were quite firm and the bathroom paper felt like it was 1 ply or 1/2 ply very thin. They had a dog show the last weekend of November and they had a lot of dogs. They placed them on the bottom floor of the hotel so they were not all over the hotel. Non smoking was great and they had a fire place in the lobby that was nice and warm. It was gas but it looked pretty real. Great stay and friendly people thanks Chuck. The staff was warm and funny as well. Good place right in the heart of the historic district easy to find. Will stay again next visit to Savannah

Room Tip: If you don't have a dog ask for a higher floor, we were on the 4th floor two elevators, not a lo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived to the hotel it was quite easy to find & easy to unload. The lobby was very pleasing & staff was superb! Checkin was simple. Got to the room & was very pleased! There was an abundance of pillows, plenty of electrical plugins, the kitchen was perfect for a short weekend, beds soft, clean rooms & service was great! Very pleased & will be back during our next visit!

Stayed November 2013
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Staybridge Suites on East Bay Street this past weekend. I picked this hotel primarily based on location since I was meeting some friends nearby for dinner.

The main lobby appeared to be undergoing construction and was unsightly. My room was rather cramped despite upgrading to a room with 2 Double beds. The decor was outdated by 10-15 years. The walls were in bad shape with numerous scrapes and chipping paint. The outlet next to the bed didn't work, so the light and clock didn't work.

At first I thought I lucked out by getting a room facing the back parking lot. However I quickly learned that all the exterior noise traveled up to my 4th floor room as I could hear the hotel workers coming and going. Unfortunately things only got worse as there is a club on a side street adjacent to the hotel (Abe's on Lincoln) whose lubed up patrons singlehandedly ruined my night. These drunken idiots congregated outside the club to smoke and their laughter permeated my room as if they were just outside the window. After calling the front desk I was informed 'that there is a club.' A club that was open to 3:00 AM! Needless to say I got no sleep. I shared my experience with the manager who said she was sorry and admitted "it's been a problem." She did not offer to refund the $184 I paid for the room.

In short, I will not be returning to this hotel. The whole river street area seemed pretty rundown and my guess is all the hotels are subject to the noise from the younger people out drinking on weekend nights.

Stayed November 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear DingusMcD,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise from the area prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do take each of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Oldsmar, FL
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the Staybridge and it did not disappoint me like a sophomore jinx! We got in early Friday afternoon so we could have lunch at The Wilkes House and while we couldn't get into our room, they quickly checked us in, gave us our parking pass and sent us on our way. Charlie the concierge is as nice as can be, even getting me hot water in the morning for my tea (because he said the water in the carafe was not hot enough). Breakfast is very good and with plenty of options to choose from. Our room was a nice suite with a very comfortable bed and small kitchen. We always received a hello greeting whenever we went by the front desk. While I don't have a pet, I did like the fact that you can bring your pet and I enjoyed the parade of pets in the morning going out for their walks. I will stay here again and recommend to all who travel here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Chilhowie, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights on business and it was very enjoyable. The room was a little small, but still comfortable and well appointed with fridge and kitchen area. The location was beautiful and convenient, walking distance to everything. Parking was kind of a hassle but the front desk staff went out of their way to help us which was awesome.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marathon, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was my first trip to Savannah, so I wasn't sure where to stay. My travel agency had this on their recommended list, so I gave it a shot. Very nice place. The room had a small kitchen in it, as I believe they all do. Clean place, friendly staff. Nightly gatherings included food along with beer and wine. A ton of restaurants, pubs, clubs, etc within walking distance, including Five Guys, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, and the many places along the riverfront across the street. Parking is $12/night at the hotel or in their neighboring garage, but if you stay here, you wont need a car.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Birch Run
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in the Savannah Historic District and had a good experience. Although we stayed in the older section which had very small rooms, everything was clean and comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised by the evening reception which included along with respectable beers and wine, meatball sliders, cheeses, and a nice salad - enough to serve as our dinner. Reminder that there is no pool at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family