Located on East Bay Street with easy access to River Street and the historic district, this is a good choice for visitors to Savannah not wanting to pay Westin/Hyatt rates. This was our second seven night long visit.
I give top marks to most of the staff. The concierges, particularly Charlie, are knowledgeable and really helpful. The staff that prepare the included and very good hot breakfast buffet and evening social snacks with beer and wine do a terrific job. Betsy, the general manager makes it her business to meet her guests and attend to any concerns.
The rooms are a good size and ours had windows on two walls giving lots of light. They have a well equipped kitchen with microwave, refrigerator, stove top, toaster, dishwasher and sink. But the high traffic in Savannah has taken its toll. Our carpet was shabby and frankly dirty. The furniture is just OK but does not provide much storage. Whilst small, the bathroom area is perfectly functional.
Conversations with staff indicate that a refurbishment is in the planning stage and this would be very welcome.
Some criticisms. I do not believe our room saw sight nor sound of a vacuum cleaner all the time we were there. One day, our toilet was definitely not cleaned and sterilized. Also we discovered that bed linens are only changed after seven days. We asked for a change after four nights and the hotel complied.
The hotel is pet friendly but the hotel needs to do more to stop inconsiderate pet owners from bringing animals into the dining area.
So not perfect but nevertheless, a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Comfortable @ the Staybridge Suites Hotel Savannah Historic District. The Staybridge Suites Hotel Savannah Historic District is located @ Bay and Lincoln Streets in the Heart of the Savannah Historic District , two blocks from the Holiday Inn Mulberry and one block from the Holiday Inn Express Savannah Historic District. Just steps from our hotel you can explore famous River Street, Factor s Walk, Old Savannah Tours or indulge in the shops and restaurants of City Market River Street. Make your reservations early, but don t miss Paula Deen 's famous Lady & Sons Restaurant. Our location offers near proximity to I-95, the Savannah Hilton Head Int l Airport (SAV), the Savannah Port Authority, Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD), Tybee Island beaches & numerous corporations including JCB, Gulfstream, Flight Safety, and Memorial Health.The Staybridge Suites offers suites with all of the conveniences of home to suit your extended stay or short term hotel real estate needs. Our pet friendly hotel (fee) offers suites featuring fully-equipped kitchens, Cable TV w/HBO, free wired & wireless Internet and direct dial phone number w/ personalized voicemail. Other features include 24 hour business center with free Internet, print/fax/copy capabilities, free laundry facilities, fitness center, free deluxe breakfast buffet & evening Sundowner receptions (Tuesday-Thursday). Staybridge Suites is a member of the IHG family of brands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Staybridge Suites