When we arrived at this hotel they tried to give us, what we would consider, the worst room in the hotel. It was on the first floor right next to the front desk. We made our reservation almost a year in advance and had requested a room on a high floor facing MLK Blvd. When I mentioned this the front desk clerk seemed visibly and verbally annoyed. She reluctantly gave us a room on the fifth floor facing W. Oglethorpe Ave. This was OK and we had a nice view of the Talmadge Memorial Bridge. Parking was a problem due to construction. I have a handicap placard and found MANY people parking in handicap spots, including the blue striped area for vans, that didn't have a placard or special license plate. The rest of our stay was pleasant and the breakfast was very good. We would probably stay here again despite the "tude" we received on check-in.
There is an excellent place to eat about two blocks away called The Distillery. They have a great beer selection and the food was delicious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites hotel in Savannah Historic District is near Savannah's famous River Street, City Market, SCAD, and more. Rest easy in the comfort of your room and wake up to a hot free breakfast each day before exploring historic Savannah. On a hot day, choose to take a swim in our outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Savannah Historic District
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn Savannah
- Savannah Hampton Inn