This is a good place to stay in Savannah if you are looking for a quieter, more peaceful area than the riverfront area. This Hampton Inn is located about 6-8 blocks from the riverfront; we drove over to the riverside area only because of the heat and humidity-in nicer weather this hotel is within walking distance of most everything. I'm not sure if this building is old and completely renovated inside, or a new building made to look old, but the lobby and rooms are all completely modern and updated, yet maintain a traditional, southern feel. Maggie at the front desk made check-in fast and easy. Our room was huge and well-decorated. I especially liked the roomy bathroom; after exploring the city on a steamy summer day, the cool, white, marble and granite bath with plenty of fluffy white towels was a welcome respite. Most hotel baths, regardless of price, have very little space to store toiletries, but these baths have a large vanity/sink area along with deep shelving next to the shower, so you don't end up storing your things on the floor. The bed was the same comfortable mattress as at other Hampton Inns; however, as one other reviewer noted, the pillows were lumpy-it seemed like they were stuffed with individual cotton balls. But this is coming from someone who is picky about pillows, so take this as you will.
The air-conditioning in the room was the perfect temperature; spend a summer day in Savannah and you will thank the man that invented a.c.!!
The breakfast was typical of other Hampton Inns; a few hot items (eggs, potatoes, sausage) with plenty of bagels, breads, and some fruit and yogurt. The free newspapers stacked by the breakfast area and the large flat-screen tv make it easy to catch up with the news while you eat.
While we did not swim, I did walk by the pool, and it was clean and inviting. Another reviewer said the pool was small- I think its pretty average, it's the pool deck that is a little cramped. With that, you probably shouldn't expect to hang out poolside with a big crowd.
For those traveling with a large group, the lobby is quite accomodating-when we checked in there was an entire girl scout troop in the lobby, yet there was plenty of space for other guests. Speaking of the girl scouts, I was a little worried about the potential noise level, yet once we were in our room, we never heard any noise, either from the hallways or outside traffic.
For those who want to be a little outside of the fray and action of the touristy river area, this is the ideal place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites hotel in Savannah Historic District is near Savannah's famous River Street, City Market, SCAD, and more. Rest easy in the comfort of your room and wake up to a hot free breakfast each day before exploring historic Savannah. On a hot day, choose to take a swim in our outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn And Suites Savannah Historic District
- Hampton Inn Savannah
- Savannah Hampton Inn