“Beautiful hotel”

Ranked #27 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Indianapolis
“Beautiful hotel”
Reviewed October 24, 2007

We just returned from Savannah.We stayed in this Hampton.It is very nice.The staff is great and very helpful.Able to give us all the info we needed about where to go.Loved the breakfast-it was a good start to the day.The tour bus picked us up at the hotel and brought us back.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — would preferred closer to stores
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 27, 2007

The location of this hotel is VERY convenient. We were walking distance to a lot of cool bars, shops and nice restaurants (we walked to the famous Lady and Sons restaurant). The hotel is very clean, the rooms were very spacious and the breakfast was typical of most hotel breakfasts. No complaints there.

However, I was annoyed because my light in the entry way of my room wasn't working and I called the front desk to have the bulb replaced. She said she would send someone up. I asked for a time frame because it was 11 pm, I had taken a sleep aid and had to get up at 6 am. She said she wasn't sure. I asked if she would call maintenance and find out how long it would be given how late it was and how early I had to get up. She said there was no way of knowing when he would be up to my room, so I just cancelled my service order and ironed my dress in a half lit room.

Additionally, I called a few minutes later and requested a wake up call for 6 am. Many guests were staying at the hotel for a VERY important event in which there was NO margin for error, everyone had to be on time and the front desk KNEW this (this event had been going on for 2 weeks and they had a relationship with the organizers that I witnessed). Everyone in our group requested a wake up call, but none of us got one. My cell phone died, so my alarm did not go off. Fortunately, my brother-in-law's did.

Prior to that, though, it was about 10 pm and my husband and I needed to make a quick run to the grocery store. We asked for directions to the nearest store. The girls at the front desk wasted about 5 minutes telling jokes, being aloof and saying things like, "Hmm...I just don't know. I know there's one nearby and hmm...let me think of the best way to get there..." When we were clearly becoming annoyed, they pulled out a sheet of paper with exact directions that had been typed for giving to the guests.

Overall, it's clear that these people don't care about their guests. They are merely showing up for a job. If you want service, this isn't the place to stay. If you're satisfied with clean, spacious rooms, a complacent front desk staff and a convenient location, you won't be disappointed.

• Liked — clean and spacious
  • Disliked — front desk staff is indifferent when it comes to the needs of the guests
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank asm775
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 25, 2007

This was a great little place for our short stay in Savannah. The lobby was really quite pretty, and reflected the character of the historic town. We were able to check in early, and the room was nice and cold and very clean. Hampton,s have very nice bedding and pillows. I was also impressed by the bathroom which had a walk in shower with a massage shower head. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is not RIGHT by the river, but is not too far to walk. Parking was free, which was nice. Noise was not a problem for me at all, and I can't imagine this place would have a problem with bugs. I would stay here again, and will continue to book at this hotel chain.

• Liked — The lobby and location.
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Amanda H
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Visited Savannah on May 24, 2007 through May 25th and stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District. Overall was very pleased with the hotel. Room was ready when we arrived, which was about 5 hours before check-in. Room was clean and very well maintained. Staff were very courteous and respectful.

Recommendations for nice restaurants in town could be broadened a bit, but hey this isn't New York City it is Savannah. Go for the Pralines!!! They are worth it.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CMHSpark
Alabama
Reviewed May 5, 2007

We stayed here three nights. It is a couple of blocks from the actual Historic District but very convenient to everything. We walked alomst everywhere. The room was very nice. Large bathroom and shower. Was not crazy about the breakfast, but that is a matter of opinion. The road noise did not bother us. We left our fan on on the air conditioner to block it out. Enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank caps47
Travelers also viewed these Savannah hotels
Hampton Inn Savannah - Historic District
Yamacraw Village
Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah
Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District
Historic District - North
DoubleTree by Hilton Savannah Historic District
Holiday Inn Express Savannah-Historic District
Courtyard Savannah Downtown/Historic District

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Historic District? Share your experiences!