“The Garden Suite”

and 1 more site!
Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Whatever you are looking for is here. The Garden Suite is artfully decorated and every amenity is nestled within an antique sense of the past. It is cozy in the Savannah heat and anticipates your every need--a welcoming glass of wine or sip of sherry and a gourmet brunch which you enjoy in total privacy both within the impeccably clean suite or out in the enclosed patio surrounded by flowers and greenery.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Dear guests from New Jersey, Ah, New Jersey! I was a full time weekend gardener in Spring Lake, our weekend getaway. The gardening season – March to the frost, with its ideal temperatures, was fabulous in New Jersey. I keep warm souvenirs of Spring Lake and the coastal towns around.
Life is good in New Jersey. It is as wonderful in the beautiful Savannah with its unlimited access to beauty, charm, history, great Southern culture, and, not the least, architecture and the arts. Gardening in the South is different from the North. I am not any less passionate of it now that I am adapted .

The difference between my life style in Spring Lake and in Savannah is very small. In Spring Lake, our friends would stop by for dinner and decide to stay 3 days. I always had toiletries…. Just in case. In Savannah, I get a notice before my guests arrive. That’s all the difference.

Thank you for sharing your love of Savannah and appreciation of your living in the Garden Suite.

Au plaisir,

There are newer reviews for Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed May 5, 2014

When my fiance and I decided on a destination wedding to Savannah , I spent weeks looking for the perfect B & B before deciding on Armstrong Inns. We were looking for a few very specific things, romance, privacy and location. We stayed at the Armstrong Inn's carriage house and actually decided to hold a very intimate ceremony in the garden of the carriage house. From the moment we arrived, Monique made us feel like family. The carriage house is clean cozy and very private. We arrived to a bottle of wine and a refrigerator full of delicious food. Everything you could possibly need, Monique has thought of. Her attention to all the little details is what makes staying with her feel like home. Fresh food, prepared by the chef is delivered daily and very easy to prepare in the privacy of your own kitchen. The home has been nicely updated without losing its charm. The bedroom is nicely appointed and the bed is like sleeping on a cloud. The location is perfect for walking to local pubs or restaurants or just a short ride by cab.
I can not say enough how welcomed Monique and William made us feel. Monique's warmth is genuine and she takes pride in making her guests feel special. We will be back and will only stay at an Armstrong property. Thank you Monique for making our time with you something we will never forget.
** Special thank you to Rodney who helped us create the perfect space for our ceremony. He went above and beyond our expectations to make our wedding day exactly as we imagined it would be.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Bride,
Your wedding was planned in heaven. It was uplifting to witness the Love between you and your new husband. Thank you for giving us the privilege to serve you.
Our best wishes of Peace, Love and good health until we see you again.
Monique & Rodney

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Susan and I drove from the rain and cold in Minneapolis in hopes of finding warmth and charm in Savannah. We arrived late and rang the bell at Armstrong Inn to be graciously welcomed by Monique, the owner. We enjoyed seeing her beautiful home and sharing each other's company.
Although it was late,Monique went out of her way to introduce us to the Jenkins house. We loved every bit of it and took many pictures of the house to use Monique's tasteful ideas in our own home. After returning back on our second night, we found rose petals strewn across our bed and floor. so romantic. thank you Monique for adding such a wonderful personal touch of hospitality
For us. You helped make our destination after a long drive so very wonderful. Merci

Susan's words: There are many people you meet in this journey we call life. Monique, you are one of those persons who will stay in my heart. The rose petals will follow me home.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan from Minneapolis,
It was a great pleasure to meet you and Whitney and to be a witness of the celebration of your 34th year anniversary. As you say, the pleasure will go on forever. The flowers of tomorrow are in the seeds of today…...
My best wishes of Peace, Love and good health.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My new husband and I chose to stay at one of the Armstrong Inns, called the Chatham Suite, during our wedding weekend in Savannah earlier this month. We wanted something different, and more special than the typical hotel. When searching for special or unique places to stay, nothing really seemed appropriate, until I found the Armstrong Inns.

I read almost every TripAdvisor review, most of which raved about their experiences. I then called the owner Monique, to book it, because I was sold. I can't tell you how glad I am that I did. It was such a wonderful experience, from Start to finish! The location was great, as the properties were just a short walk, or even shorter drive to the river, and the pedi-taxis were also available.

We stayed in the Chatham Suite, which is the top two floors of one house. My best friend stayed in the Garden Suite, which was the lower level of the house. Both were amazing! I honestly couldn't tell you which I liked better. They were both beautifully decorated, and each had special touches which will make it had to chose which to stay at on our next visit. One thing I can say for sure, is that wild houses couldn't keep me away from staying again!

As other reviews have noted, the treats that they brought each day were wonderful, as were the breakfasts. My only complaint, is that my friend received a chocolate peach pastry that was AMAZING, but I did not. I really want that recipe, because it was divine, and I was jealous! The coffee that they provide is locally roasted, and absolutely delicious. I brought a bag of it home with me, and wish I had gotten more than one, as it's wonderful coffee and made our experience that much more enjoyable.

My sister stayed at the Tatnall House, which was basically 5 houses down from ours, and it was really nice too. It was more spacious, which is great if you have a larger family, like she does. She arrived later in the evening, and Monique couldn't have been more courteous when taking time out of her evening to meet them with the keys.

In all it was an amazing experience. I cannot recommend The Armstrong Inns highly enough - it was wonderful experience!

Room Tip: They are all really beautiful. Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of them!
1  Thank Angela L
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear bride
Everything was going your way during your special weekend. As smooth as can be. I am glad we could make a difference. All the joy and Love from your wedding weekend have left a delicate scent of peace and serenity in the inns. Thank you for the good memories.
My best wishes to all,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at the Tattnall Inn and had the whole, lovely home to ourselves. A fantastic location for exploring the beautiful city of Savannah. Just blocks from Forsyth Park where SCAD was hosting its Sidewalk Art Fair. If you are in Savannah when this occurs, don't miss it! As mentioned by others, the "extras" from Monique were wonderful - afternoon sweets (to die for!), a bottle of shiraz with an appetizer, and a huge breakfast each morning with fruit, homemade muffins/biscuits, quiche one day and peach pancakes the other, bacon or sausage. This home must have been built in the 1800s, but it was quiet, the air conditioning worked beautifully, and it had absolutely everything we needed. We will definitely try to come back to Savannah and stay here again -

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear guest of the Tattnall House,

Merci mille fois for your thoughtful review. Indeed, the sidewalk Art Fair is a lot of fun. Forsyth Park is the ideal setting for that kind of event. I loved an art show, few years back, featuring paintings 2 story high spread out throughout the section of the park where are the trees, right before we get to the fountain, coming from the Tattnall House. Just the way they were hung was amazing. Life is great in Forsight Park. I wish I had more time to get out there.

All reviews make a difference. It helps discrimating voyagers to custom their travel activities to their personal needs. Your review makes a difference to all of us around. Thank you again.

Yours truly,

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed at the Jenkins House and it was very lovely for my mother, 2 sister's and niece. Monique was very helpful at explaining all the functions of the house and where to go in Savannah. Bring your walking shoes as this house is about 1/2 mile from the downtown, but it's a great walk. The breakfast was great it was quiche and we ended up eating it for dinner, because we wanted to have Easter brunch at a location close to St. John the Baptist church (beautiful church to visit, especially on Easter). The art work in the house was great, most of it done by the owner's husband - the beds were very comfortable, with big featherbeds, so it felt luxurious. It rained a lot while we were in Savannah, so having the fireplace was so warm and relaxing, we felt pampered. Monique provided us with nice treats and a good bottle of wine, it was such a nice touch. The house is located very close to the street, but it was not too noisy at night. Thanks, Monique, for a nice time.

Room Tip: The Jenkins house is it's own 2 bedroom house including a nice kitchen.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sara S
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Sara, It was good to see you girls having such a great time in Savannah. Walking shoes – Absolutely. A wise woman advise for futur visitors: Your preferred activity in Savannah will be strolling, strolling some more, just a little further, in a circle, around and around, backward. Ah! Did you see that? Let’s go check this out a little. Lets’ come back here when we have some time. Yah! Until you cannot walk anymore or almost. Our city is merciful to its ardent explorators. There is always a pedicab or a trolley around to rescue you from indulging in peek-a-boos. Two square miles of indulgences. Do not try to do it all in a couple of days. You are in Slowvannah, you see. Relaxing and smelling the roses is more than plenty to do in our neck of the South. And then, you come home to do some more exercise in the lazy bums style. Only then, you deserve Monique’s award of 5-star guests.
Life is good in the South!

Au plaisir

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Stayed here based on the input of Trip Advisor Guests and it was great! Monique, the owner is so loving and kind. We felt very welcome and they were so accommodating. We stayed at the Carriage House. It was perfectly appointed. Can't go wrong if you stay here. Here husband by the way is a very good artist. His paintings and artwork are throughout the Inn.

Room Tip: The carriage house has steps up to the bedroom so be mindful of lugging heavy baggage. The shower is...