“Romantic getaway. Chathun Suite...”

Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and i celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Chatham suite at Armstrong inns.. It was just like the pictures it was beautiful. Monique was such a amazing person, I will always stay here when we come back to Savannah..The perfect place to stay...Everything is within walking distanace and also very quite..The fresh pastries and breakfast items were amazing...The bed is to die for...I highly recommend Armstrong Inns of Savannah Ga...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I were lucky enough to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary at the Armstrong B&B, renting the Chatham Suite.
The service was wonderful and the chef made my husband very happy with the delicious breakfasts she made for us.
This is something we will never forget and Monique was terrific.
Mayb someday we will go back for another visit.
Pat and George

Room Tip: This is a beautiful two story home with a bed to die for.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Honestly I expected more for the money we paid. I did like that we had the place to ourselves. We stayed in the Carriage House next to the Armstrong's house on Taylor St. We had our own kitchenette. The place had a very funky smell. I just assumed it was because it was old and historic. I then saw in an article in an album on the bar in the kitchen, that it was built in 2001. It looks much older in the vents. So not sure where the funk smell came from. Again it was okay, but we will not be staying there again. We were celebrating our 10 yr. Anniversary.

Here is my biggest problem with the place. There is a courtyard between the Carriage house and the main house. We supposedly had free reign to the area, however there was always a cat out on the chairs....leaving behind it's fur. I have allergies, so I was not happy. I could see into the kitchen where the food for all the guests of the Armstrong Inn's is prepared. (I did ask a staff member to verify that it is where our food was prepared). On 2 occasions I saw the cat walking on the counters, where the food is prepared. Once when no one was in the kitchen and once as the cook was there preparing. That to me is disgusting. I know many people have indoor pets. I am not finding fault with that, but when a place is preparing meals for others to consume that have been paid for, then that is a sanitation issue to me. We will not be going back because of this reason. If I had seen a post like this before booking, then I would not have booked. I work in a restaurant. This is not acceptable.

If you don't mind cat's paws walking where your food is prepared, then you will be fine and love the place I am sure.

Tracey from North Carolina
Stayed October 31 & November 1.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank trjuiceplus
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear guests,

I want to share with you and the readers that your observations were an eye opening and that the administration of Armstrong Inns gave it proper attention. Shortly after your review, I took upon myself to observe personally the sanitary situation problems related to the cat walking on the kitchen counters. I found the Chef breaking such basic rules. The Chef was fired shortly after . The cat is kept out of the kitchen during business hours.

I wish we had found out about your allergies when you checked in, we would have addressed the problem upon your arrival.

Following your feedback on the air quality in the House, we sought professional advice to help us discover the source of the musty smell. It was in the duct system. We had a heavy raining season this year. Shortly before your visit, after the recent air system maintenance, the drain pipe of the air conditioning stop draining which caused overflow of water through the ceilings. The ceiling got repaired. The ducts were treated chemically. An air purifier device has been installed and works efficiently.

I am happy to have found out about this issue, so I could address it. The usual comments we received about air quality are on the aromas of fresh baked croissants and desserts coming from our kitchen.

Please be assured that we strive to maintain our excellence. We are grateful for any household issues brought to our attention.

Monique

Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our first wedding anniversary in Savannah. We picked Armstrong Inns and it was the best decision!! We celebrate big and stay in beautiful places when we travel (my husband is a boat captain and is away for months at a time, so when he comes home we like to find the most interesting, lovely places to spend our time together) and Armstrong Inns surely delivered! It's a place full of love, warmth, happiness, romance, peace... it's truly a little slice of heaven on Earth. Their website is a very true representation of what you will see an experience when you get there-- actually even better in person! We were pleasantly surprised everyday. We felt right at home, but had all the luxuries of staying in a resort. Monique catered to our every need! And every afternoon, Doreen puts the MOST delicious fresh baked goodies and breakfasts in your room for the next morning. You just reheat them in the oven and it's PERFECTION! Don't worry about the whole reheating thing. Everything she makes heats up beautifully. You will LOVE it. You won't go out to eat for breakfast. We went out for breakfast one day and we wished we didn't. The food is incredible. Best place we've ever stayed ANYWHERE! Hands down! We will DEFINITELY be coming back. I even shed a tear as we left because we really grew to know and love Monique and we truly think of her like family. What a darling lady.

Room Tip: Our Carriage House was gorgeous, so much character, very private, just lovely. The bed is like a co...
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Monique made our stay in her wonderful property one we will look back fondly on for years to come. Chatham Suite was in the perfect location and walking distance to everything. We parked our car in reserved spot and did not need it again during the entire stay.The daily, freshly baked breakfast items and pastries were absolutely wonderful and a pleasant surprise. The home was furnished completely with period furnishings and kitchen well stocked. The bathroom was incredible. We will be returning and will look forward to our stay with Monique and Armstrong inn's first class hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear History lovers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with voyagers your experience at Chatham Suite, your home in Historic Savannah, I hope, for many years to come.

Your review benefits everyone. I will share your feedback with the Staff which has great pleasure in offering first class services to our valued guests on a well-deserved weekend away..

Merci mille fois. Have a peaceful Holiday Season overflowing with Love and Joy.

Monique.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Monique and Armstrong Inns made us feel like we were home and not in a hotel. It was an intimate setting, and having breakfast delivered to our suite was an added bonus. From the fireplace to the music CDs to the bottle of wine with cheese and crackers. It was as if they could predict our every need before we knew it!
When we return to Savannah, we will definitely stay at Armstrong Inns.
Thanks, Monique!

Room Tip: Garden Suite is located right on Chatham Square which is near many sights and restaurants. It's...
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Jenkin's House for our honeymoon. Mrs. Monique and everyone else at Armstrong Inn are wonderful. The house was very cozy and private. The house is located close to many popular attractions. The food provided was delicious!! We will definitely be returning to one of the Armstrong Inn's B&Bs.

1  Thank Katie E