“Trip To Remember”

Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Our family stayed in both the Tattnall House and the Chatham Suite over Memorial Day Weekend. Both are located very close to one another (just a half block or so apart) which made it a very short walk between the two.

We especially like the fact that there was a very convenient and free parking space for the car right behind Chatham Suite.

Both the Tattnall House and the Chatham Suite are very well furnished, clean and spacious.

The complimentary breakfast and snacks were outstanding.

Both Monique and Kirsten were fantastic in making certain that we got the accommodations that best fit our needs. They even notified me after our visit to verify my mailing address because I accidentally left an article of clothing behind. Their customer service is outstanding!!!

Room Tip: Make sure that you watch the DVD of "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" that is prov...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear guest from Indiana, Merci mille fois for your informative review, which, I am sure, will find travelers with a situation similar to yours. Merci beaucoup for your thoughtful gratitude.

Yours truly,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband recently treated me to a glorious "birthday week" - (no doubt this guy is a keeper!)

We started our week with one of my very favorite things, a stay in one of the charming, unique suites of the Armstrong Inns in Savannah. The proprietors, Monique and William Armstrong, certainly know how to cater to their guests and Monique's personal touches and William's beautiful art are in abundance in all their properties.

Having stayed in, and loved, the Carriage House twice before, we decided to try one of the other suites this time. We choose the Garden Suite on Chatham Square, and we were so glad we did!
The suite was stocked with a nice bottle of wine, nuts, cheese and crackers for our evening, and fresh fruit, croissants, juice, coffee and a ham and cheese item to be heated in the toaster oven for a nice hot breakfast. Everything was delicious!

But the best part of our stay was the rainstorm we experienced that evening. What made it so wonderful and romantic was that we were able to sit in Monique's lovely garden, enjoying the lush plants and greenery in the rain - all from the shelter of our little covered patio! It was fabulous, enjoying our bottle of wine, watching the sky turn different colors during the storm, seeing the raindrops turn into stars on the leaves, and just enjoying our time together in total peace and quiet. What a luxury!

We have always had our expectations surpassed when staying at one of the Armstrong Inns, and this trip was no exception. It is "our place" in Savannah.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear readers, I am glad to see that our two love birds found a nest at the Chatham Suite and, qui plus est, with in-nest breakfast!

Romantic atmosphere – this is what we serve at the inns. Our in-suite breakfast is a must.
Innkeepers love romantic guests.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in the Chatham suite for 2 nights and it was absolutely perfect. The rooms were pristine and wonderfully decorated. Everything you can think of is provided for you. The level of privacy is unparalleled, having your entire own suite definitely makes the experience unique to other B&B's where you only have a room to yourself. The location is also nice as it is close to River street and Market Square, which are two places you will surely want to visit. Breakfast was delicious and the concept of having it prepared for you and left in the fridge was wonderful. It allowed us to sleep in and eat on our own time vs. a set time, this really added to the experience. All in all I would 100% recommend this B&B to anyone needing a place to stay in Savannah. My only other recommendation would be to stay a minimum of 3 nights so that you can really enjoy all that Armstrong Inn has to offer.

Dear guests,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful review. It is significant to well-traveled voyagers appreciative of attentive customer services, who are in search of absolute privacy and a true living experience with art and history in the comfort of historic inns. It was a great pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We just spent the last two days of our Honeymoon at the Chatham Suite. After five glorious nights at a luxurious hotel in Charleston, I was not certain I would love the change of a B&B in Savannah. Not only did it feel every bit as luxurious, it was a very special feeling of privacy and intimacy provided at the Chatam Suite. As others have mentioned, the delicious goodies stocked each day, the cleanliness of the property, the beautiful newly renovated bathroom with lovely amenities, the comfort of the rooms all contributed to a wonderful stay.
But the quality that comes through the most are the little touches you notice everywhere throughout your time at the inn. I would notice something new and lovely each hour., These are the touches that Monique has inscribed into the home with love.
Although (disappointingly) we did not meet face to face, we had many warm telephone conversations and her kindness and hospitality came through each time.
The day we were leaving I lost a lovely pair of earrings in a box that I had bought for a friend to bring home. I looked everywhere but they did not turn up.
By the time we were at the airport, there was a message from Kirsten that they were found and would be mailed to me the very next day. This is the type of consideration that is so appreciated.
It actually rained pretty much for our entire stay in Savannah. My new husband and I were happy to spend a lot of time inside and just cozy up together in the wonderful surroundings.
Thank you Monique (and Kirsten) for a lovely memory!
Stay a this property! You wont regret your stay and will experience something very special and unique! We promise! The Honeymooners from Brooklyn NY

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

There is no rainy day at the Armstrong Inns!
I am thrilled that our honeymooners found a sweet home at the Chatham Suite. Life is good, all the time. Finally, the storm Andrea moved on somewhere else leaving Savannah under bright blue skies. Great day for the beach. Great day for a concert in the park, or for a slow stroll under our magical ageless live oaks. I could never get enough of it.
I hope I will have the pleasure to see our honeymooners from Brooklyn someday. They have left a nice imprint in my heart. The heart never forgets.
Blessings to all viewers.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I, along with another couple, stayed for 1 night at the Jenkins House and it was wonderful. I loved all of the original artwork and it was very nicely furnished. The luxury shower was phenomenal, the stocked mini-fridge was delicious, and we loved being able to just walk everywhere. Monique, the owner, was delightful and we would certainly look into booking there again when we visit Savannah.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brownie1983
poirier, Guest Relations Manager at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear guests from Rhode Island,

I am glad that you found a sweet home when you stopped at the Jenkins House - Privacy, warm ambiance, in-suite homemade breakfast at your own time and, a relaxing shower!

Thank you for sharing. Au plaisir de vous servir! Monique

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I and our 2 pugs recently stayed at the Carriage House, one of the Armstrong Inns, over a long Memorial Day weekend. It was perfect for us, as the dogs were allowed to enjoy the private courtyard, as well as make themselves at home inside the Carriage House. Monique Armstrong was a wonderful hostess, and provided excellent pastries made by Elizabeth. There was a delicous bottle of wine waiting, along with cheese, crackers, and other delights. The refrigerator was restocked each day. We actually didn't eat out as much as we had planned because the pastries, fruits and snacks were so good! Everything Savannah has to offer is a short walking distance from the inns. There is a dog park just across the street, and a short walk to Forsyth park for the dogs exercise. We'll definitely be back! Thanks so much for your hospitality!

Beth and Julian O'Connor ( along with pugs Chloe and Romeo)
Charlotte, NC

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Indeed, pets are welcome at our private inns. I remember them more vividly than their owners! Of course, they are adorable because their owners are adorable ! Several guests traveling without their pets, miss them during their vacation, especially, at check in, when they meet my 3 dogs at my private residence.
We offer the services of a dog walker when guests are gone for the day. Guests who do not know that pets are welcome at the inns could never find out, unless we tell them. Additional care is given to the couches, chairs, rugs and wood floor after the departure of one of our furry guests. Dogs owners are very clean and appreciative of their privilege to stay with their beloved pets in a 5-star B&B.
We make sure that our guests enjoy all the comforts of home, including our homemade full breakfast/brunch ready to be warmed up in the guests’ private kitchen, at their own timing. Our housekeeping services are offered in the window of time given by the guests, at their own convenience. Absolute privacy is precious to our classic guests, like Trip Advisor members.
Many thanks to Beth and Julian for their thoughtful review. Chloe and Romeo were so precious.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

What an incredible and surprising experience.

My wife and I spent nearly a week at the top of the Westin across the river from downtown Savanna and could not wait to get across the river. After spending a few cold hours in historic Savannah one evening I worried about getting bored during our planned 3-day visit to the Chatham Suite and wished our reservation was shorter.

A few days later we went back in time a couple hundred years and arrived at the 2-story Chatham Suite across from Chatham Square. The environment slowed our pace and too soon it was time to leave.

The setting was wonderful - two fireplaces downstairs as well as a heater that could heat the master bedroom in a few minutes and a third fireplace upstairs. The focus on fireplaces is due to unseasonable cold weather at the time that kept us inside reading near one of the fireplaces until mid-morning. Talk about relaxing. I cannot imaging how it could have been more comfortable.

We were concerned that the property is about a mile from downtown but the stroll through several squares seemed to take only a couple minutes. Many excellent restaurants were a quick walk away. Forsythe Park is very close by as well.

Breakfast, snacks, and our nightly dessert were great. And even though our hostess was blocks away, we always felt welcome and assured that she was available to meet any need.

It was our only visit to Savannah - what a great way to experience it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

What a helpful review for portraying a unique historic living experience in old Savannah - ideal for travelers in search of Art, History and romantic atmosphere. Chatham Suite is located in a quiet neighborhood developed in the mid 1850s. Steps away from the Suite, for over 50decades, Mrs. Wilkes and later on her offspring have served Southern Cuisine, family style, to locals and visitors. A real taste of Historic Savannah.
For the travelers in search of an enjoyable touristic experience, downtown Historic District is the place to stay. – steps to restaurants, galleries, night live, retail stores.

Our guests reviews on Trip Advisor offer such a precious tool to all discriminating travelers, whichever is their aspiration.
Our classic guests are Trip Advisor users. Thanks to Trip Advisor, the innkeeper is happy, so are her guests. Thank you dear guests from California for sharing. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Monique.