“Carriage House - Simply Amazing”

Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 29 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2012

You owe it to yourself to experience this B&B. Intimate and cozy with a rustic vibe. Great atmosphere for that getaway you have been wanting. Need to try the Carriage House to have a proper Savannah experience. If modern is what you are looking for, this is not for you. Immerse yourself in this B&B, you will not want to go out exploring.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband and I were delighted with the charm of the Carriage House. We found it to be a cozy and comfortable B&B just a 20 minute stroll to the Riverfront. Wine and cheese awaited us upon our arrival and the fridge was stocked daily with outstanding breakfast foods that we could enjoy at our leisure in the morning. If you want a true Savannah experience, we recommend the Carriage House

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was my wife and I's second stay at the Chatam Suite. Monique's inn perfectly captures the history, charm and romance of Savannah. The accomodation is very roomy, with plenty of closets, outdoor spaces, a very plush bed, and location directly in front of one of the more beautiful squares in Savannah.
Monique and her staff were so hospitable and attentive to our needs. Our kitchen was stocked with plenty of goodies and the rooms were immaculate.
When we return to Savannah, we will definetly being staying with Monique again!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

What a wonderful and charming bed & breakfast! I was married this past June and my family stayed in the Chatham Suite, my bridesmaids the Tattnall House, and my husband and I shared the Garden Suite on our first night as newlyweds. Monique and her staff truly made our stay special and a night to remember. With fresh red roses and rose petals scattered and a soft candlelit glow leading from the bedroom to the patio we felt like we were in a fairytale! What a lovely and kind gesture from Monique to start our lives together. Each residence is beautiful and unique with an elegant sense of decoration and comfort. Monique called each morning to ensure that we had enough food; restocking the fridge daily with items of our choice. I feel that this bed & breakfasts exceeds many in Savannah and I truly look forward to staying here many more times in the future!

Room Tip: The Garden Suite is very romantic and perfect for couples seeking a restful, secluded spot to be tog...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear honeymooner,

So nice to hear from you and to remember the wonderful experience we had serving you and your beautiful family for that special occasion of your wedding on our romantic Chatham Square. It was a lot of fun to work with your mom who thought about everything. What an event coordinator she proved to be. The ceremony on the Square was so touching. I remember the Harbor Trellis your dad had built at home and transported to Savannah for the occasion. Wow! what a lovely touch. I can imagine it sitting in your yard...Blessings to your Mom and Dad, the brides maids and the entire family. Love, Monique

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Armstrong Inns is a beautiful, warm and inviting bed and breakfast. My boyfriend and I stayed in the Carriage House and had a wonderful experience. The house is cozy and private, and the staff of Armstrong Inns definitely go out of their way to make sure you have what you need. From restaurant recommendations to a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival, the staff immediately make you feel at home in Savannah.

We spent the weekend getting around Savannah by pedicab (which I highly recommend, as trips are by tips only) and couldn't wait to get back to the Carriage House at night. The Carriage House and the main house of the inn are located south and east of the river in a residential area within the historic district. I had read some complaints about it being too far away from everything, but having been to Savannah before, that is definitely a plus not a negative. Staying up by the river gets very noisy and rowdy, even on weekdays. It was such a pleasant experience to be able to enjoy the nightlife and then to retreat to the privacy and serenity of the inn. Plus, Savannah is an extremely walkable city so nothing is very far away.

Another great benefit of the Carriage House was having a kitchen. It was nice to be able to cook if you wanted and to have a fridge to store left-overs in. The kitchen is stocked daily with items for breakfast, and Monique and her team are happy to meet your requests for different breakfast items. Having different breakfast options in your room to be eaten at your leisure was definitely a great way to start the morning.

All in all, the bed and breakfast was a great value and was definitely worth every penny. I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend our weekend. My boyfriend and I will definitely be returning soon!!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Carriage House. We were lucky enough to get a last minute booking. It is simply lovely. The bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in - like sleeping on a cloud. Monique was charming and so helpful. She has thought of everything, right down to dental floss! A bottle of wine was left for our arrival. So nice to be able to get up in the morning and make a decent cup of coffee. She had also left us fresh fruit, croissants, delicious home made quiche and Savannah cake. Along with fresh fruit juice, tea, hot chocolate, was provided.
This is way beyond a normal bed and breakfast. I cannot imagine there is much that could compare anywhere. It is more like renting a little cottage with all the amenities right down to your own garden but all the privacy you could want. My only wish is that we could have stayed longer but we will for sure be going back.
Nicky Fl

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
poirier, Owner at Armstrong Inns Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Nicki,

It is very thoughtful of you to share your great Savannah experience with the readers of Trip Advisor. It is a great tool for them to find their niche in Savannah. The Historic District offers the discerning voyager a large selection of B&Bs distinguished for their uniqueness and style. Reviews are significant also for the innkeepers and their staff. Thank you for your kind comments on our staff services. I never miss an opportunity to share with them the guests feedbacks. They have learned this way that their dedication makes a difference. Your thoughtful appreciation makes the difference. Many returns. Monique

Reviewed August 29, 2012

nothing but the best. from the owners to the lovely style of the inn it is an awesome experience . find this place and your hooked. the owners are just so friendly and lovely people. they truly want you happy and comfortable

• Stayed: August 2012