“Cooking with Chef Darin”

700 Kitchen Cooking School
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chef Peter Russo, director of 700 Kitchen Cooking School, presents both individuals and groups with an exclusive opportunity to enjoy entertaining and engaging culinary programs in a state-of-the-art environment. From interactive hands-on culinary classes for individuals or teams, to unique culinary programs for groups, 700 Kitchen Cooking School offers new tastes, flavors and techniques for everyone regardless of experience.
Bethpage, Tennessee
“Cooking with Chef Darin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had an excellent experience learning to cook with Chef Darin. I would advise anyone wondering if they should take these classes if they are interested. My husband and I really enjoyed our experience and look forward to doing another class next time we're in Savannah.

Visited December 2013
cp93, Manager at 700 Kitchen Cooking School, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks for joining me in class. There are a lot of choices for activities in Savannah and I'm honored you decided to take part in one of my classes!

Come cook with me again!

San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I really had THE best time and the food we made was delicious as well!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I am a complete novice to cooking and the kitchen. I find that room in the house very intimidating so I had been very interested in finding a hands on cooking class to take. While in Savannah (for my first time) with my family on Thanksgiving holiday I took the Low Country Cooking class. We had a really fun group of people and Darin was very approachable. Not only did we each get to take our hand at cooking throughout the class but we also learned valuable knife and food prep skills as well as the science and history behind some of it.
The food that we all sat and enjoyed together (with wine :) at the end of class was so enjoyable. The She Crab Soup was VERY tasty and the Green Tomato Cobbler was a huge hit!
I enjoyed the experience so much I went back the next day for the cooking baking class. The baking class was smaller which I enjoyed b/c you had even more opportunity to get hands on and to make the recipes yourself. I had soooo many cookies and bars to take home, my family loved it!
This is a Savannah MUST DO!!

Visited November 2013
I'm glad you were able to join me during your family get away! There's no reason to be intimidated by the kitchen when you take the time to understand what you're doing. If we never focus on something we'll never get better. I loved the fact that after the first class you were inspired to join me for class the next day!

Have you been practicing your knife skills? I'll bet you've been baking up a storm too!
Thanks again and please don't hesitate to stay in touch if I can ever be of help! I love seeing guests get inspired!

Tiger, Georgia
“Memorable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Chef Darin was a true delight - perfectly schooled and perfectly entertaining. In his class you will not only learn about the history of food/region/dishes, but you will learn how to combine, bring out flavors, boil, broil, steam, bake, saute, and even use a knife to create perfectly sculpted and proportioned edibles! Meanwhile, you will laugh and be truly entertained. Many thanks to Darin, who made our visit to Savannah one to remember.

Visited December 2013
Thanks for making me part of your family trip! It was great having you in class! Food is so much more enjoyable when you can enjoy preparing it together as well as eating it. Knowing why you're doing what you're doing makes the preparation even more rewarding!

I hope to see you at my kitchen table again!

Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

One of my Life Goals was to attend a Cooking Course. I am very satisfied it was with Chef Darin. Two words ... ... Awesome Class!

Visited November 2013
Wow...I'm glad I could help you achieve a Life Goal! It was a pleasure having you in class and when you mentioned the "goal" thing in class I was and am quite honored to have been a part of your "bucket list"!

Keep cooking and learning...I learn new things everyday! I hope you'll be back soon to join me in the kitchen for more hands-on food and fun! Bring your friends!

Oakfield, New York, United States
“Highlight of Savannah trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband & I went to Savannah for a long weekend to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. He signed us up for the low country cooking class. IT WAS FANTASTIC! If you are going to be in the city THIS IS A MUST! You will learn lots of great tips and prepare a fabulous meal. We had 4 outher couples and we all had an absolute ball. Mind you my husband does not cook, EVER and HE loved it! Hats off to Chef Darin!

Visited November 2013
I'm honored that you'd make a cooking class a part of your special anniversary celebration! Thank you for getting hands-on with me in the kitchen! Cooking together is a great way of taking a necessity (eating) and turning it into a time that you can share and continue to connect with one another. Here's to another flavorful 25 years!

There's always room at my kitchen table for you...don't be strangers!