“Memorable!”

700 Kitchen Cooking School
Ranked #2 of 23 Food & Drink in Savannah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chef Shahin , director of 700 Kitchen Cooking School, presents both individuals and groups with an exclusive opportunity to enjoy entertaining and engaging culinary programs in a state-of-the-art environment. From interactive hands-on culinary classes for individuals or teams, to unique culinary programs for groups, 700 Kitchen Cooking School offers new tastes, flavors and techniques for everyone regardless of experience.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Chef Darin was a true delight - perfectly schooled and perfectly entertaining. In his class you will not only learn about the history of food/region/dishes, but you will learn how to combine, bring out flavors, boil, broil, steam, bake, saute, and even use a knife to create perfectly sculpted and proportioned edibles! Meanwhile, you will laugh and be truly entertained. Many thanks to Darin, who made our visit to Savannah one to remember.

cp93, Manager at 700 Kitchen Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thanks for making me part of your family trip! It was great having you in class! Food is so much more enjoyable when you can enjoy preparing it together as well as eating it. Knowing why you're doing what you're doing makes the preparation even more rewarding!

I hope to see you at my kitchen table again!

Savannah, GA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"knife"
in 110 reviews

Reviewed November 27, 2013

One of my Life Goals was to attend a Cooking Course. I am very satisfied it was with Chef Darin. Two words ... ... Awesome Class!

Wow...I'm glad I could help you achieve a Life Goal! It was a pleasure having you in class and when you mentioned the "goal" thing in class I was and am quite honored to have been a part of your "bucket list"!

Keep cooking and learning...I learn new things everyday! I hope you'll be back soon to join me in the kitchen for more hands-on food and fun! Bring your friends!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband & I went to Savannah for a long weekend to celebrate our 25th Anniversary. He signed us up for the low country cooking class. IT WAS FANTASTIC! If you are going to be in the city THIS IS A MUST! You will learn lots of great tips and prepare a fabulous meal. We had 4 outher couples and we all had an absolute ball. Mind you my husband does not cook, EVER and HE loved it! Hats off to Chef Darin!

I'm honored that you'd make a cooking class a part of your special anniversary celebration! Thank you for getting hands-on with me in the kitchen! Cooking together is a great way of taking a necessity (eating) and turning it into a time that you can share and continue to connect with one another. Here's to another flavorful 25 years!

There's always room at my kitchen table for you...don't be strangers!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I went to Charleston and Savannah over six days and the low country cooking class was definitely the highlight of our trip. At first, we were just sitting at the bar, watching him prepare for the class but as the class went along, really no one was sitting down and everyone was doing something to prepare the food. He gave great instruction on basic things I thought I knew like how to properly hold and cut with a knife that will change the way we cook from now on. We made the crab stew, angel biscuits, chicken country captain over steamed rice, succotash and green tomato cobbler. Everything was phonomenal and I would highly recommend this class to anyone visiting Savannah who likes to cook.

Wow, I LOVE being the highlight of a trip! Thank you for that great honor! Meeting fun new people from all over the world and sharing my passion for food and cooking is truly the best part of what I do. Without you joining me at the kitchen table to learn from each other I couldn't get to enjoy that experience myself. Thanks for making me a part of your trip.

I hope you've been enjoying the benefits of the experience at home too. Be sure to join me on your next visit!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Chef Darin makes cooking school so much fun! His focus is on teaching you cooking skills you can use at home everyday. He is there to be your cooking mentor. This is not your Food Network drama. Its hands-on cooking with food and recipes you will love to make and eat at home. We also loved working together with our classmates on the specialty dishes. This was the highlight of our Savannah and Charleston vacation. Thanks Chef Darin.

It's a true honor to hear you say the class was the highlight of your Savannah and Charleston vacation! Thank you! As you know, I think cooking should be fun, creative, and relaxing and when you know the foundations then you can let that creativity and fun flow!

Thanks for gathering around the kitchen table to share a great meal that you prepared!