“Go for the sides-the collards were outstanding!”
Review of Angel's BBQ

Angel's BBQ
Ranked #192 of 884 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I wanted to love this place, I really did. I love discovering "off the beaten path" places to eat, and this one sounded great. The sides were amazing. I'm from the South, but I've never liked collard greens. These were cooked with chopped peanuts, and they were so good I was sopping up the juice with my bread! The BBQ however was cooked to a mush and pretty much just served as a vehicle for the interesting homemade sauces available. I'm glad we ate there, but next time I'll pass on the meat and go for the sides.

There are newer reviews for Angel's BBQ

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Angie's is in an alley but with directions you can easily find. There are only a few seats so your backup plan should be to take out and eat outside.

Amazingly low prices and delicious BBQ....the beef brisket was outstanding.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was at a museum and asked the docent where I should go for BBQ. "Angel's. It's hard to find but worth it." She was correct on both. Mmmm hmmmm. Just look for the yellow flag in the alley. Seating is limited but turnover is quick and if there's not a table just take it to one of the beautiful nearby squares. Best BBQ I've ever eaten.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We decided to visit this place, due to recommendations. Let me start off by saying, the seating is VERY LIMITED! Other then that, the BBQ is pretty good! The portions are a good amount as well. This place is pretty close to river street. Because of the limited seating, on a nice day, you can enjoy yourself some BBQ in the beautiful squares that surround the area.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you want to experience great BBQ in Savannah make sure to stop by Angels. It's not to be missed. More of a take out place than an eat in (two tables inside and one out) but the food is fabulous. We were lucky enough to get a table but if not we would were planning on taking our bbq to the closest square and enjoying our food with a view!