“Great bbq”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I came to have lunch here on my way home from Florida. I've read the trip advisor reviews and decided to give it a chance. The location is in the downtown Savannah, very nice and peaceful. The location is hidden as it's near a bunch of trashcans in an alley. Once I got in, I saw only 3 tables inside the place. I ordered the beef plate, with greens and fries, all very good for $8.50. I wanted to try chicken but they were out and I don't eat pork. I like hole in wall places like this, they people who worked there were all so nice too.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Difficult to find, it was tucked away on a little side street. Glad we finally found it because the BBQ was really good. Fortunately someone had just finished and we were lucky to grab the table - there are only a few tables, it's very tiny. Prices are excellent and the portions are large. Owned and operated by a nice young couple - they do everything from cooking to clean up and it seems a lot of locals frequent this little place.

Brisket and Pulled Pork Sandwich were excellent - they bring around 3 different sauces to try. Sides were ok - not crazy about the mac and cheese, but everything else including the french fries was delicious. Definitely would return - next time I'm trying the bologna!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Had a pork sandwich for lunch and my wife had the Brisket platter. I thought both were above average. Not great, but definitely worth checking out! Note, I am VERY picky about my BBQ, above average for me is a strong rating!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

A bit hard to find (just follow the smell!), but worth it. I had the brisket plate with greens and mac n cheese. Best BBQ I've ever had!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Difficult to maneuver a wheelchair into. Recommend you try the collards cooked with peanuts and the mustard base cole slaw. They ran out of chicken. We tried pork and brisket. Both good.