The Thunderbird Inn has no swimming pool and has no restaurant. There
is no exercise room. Complimentary breakfast consists of coffee, orange juice and a danish and/or muffin.
There is free parking for a motel on the edge of the grand Savannah historic area.
Given all that, we were very pleased with a motel where every little thing actually worked. Maintenance has to be superb.
The mattress on the bed is of supreme importance to my wife who suffers from an old whiplash injury. The mattress on Thunderbird's beds were noted by many other travelers and one reason we chose this motel.
The mattress was nevertheless a surprise.
It was a firm mattress with very soft padding much the same as one that we paid a premium price for on our own bed at home.
We were very pleased by everything about this motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah