The Thunderbird Inn
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
$169
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$81
$214
$200
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$199
$430
$230
Travelocity
1,766 results
All reviewsmoon pierc colakrispy kreme donutsretro feelretro motelfree popcornretro themegreat retrogreyhound stationhistoric districtfun place to staywithin walking distanceclose to downtownroad noisedowntown savannahbed was comfortableriver street
Reviewed April 18, 2007

It was a fiasco.... We went for a wedding, they lost half of the reservations, put people in wrong rooms b/c they didn't compare the paperwork to driver liscense (they didn't even ask for ID). Overcharged us all. Double billed many of us. I reserved a Queen, and they said that i called and changed to a full, I never did such. Did i mentioned they double billed people. They would charge the room to the card that you reserved it on as WELL AS the card you swiped, two different accounts, and two charges. They crossed up everyone's info. And yeah, their wifi doesn' t work.

I will never stay there again, they can't even correct their own mistakes.

Horrible, horrible, Horrible!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank enanop
Reviewed April 12, 2007

A few girlfriends and I went to Savannah in September for a long weekend and this was the cheapest place to stay at the time. On the website the rooms looked adorable, and the price (compared to everything else) was right.

Upon arrival the hotel outside looks old (One of my friends was dissapointed but come on, unless you want to spend 300 a night for a weekend stay, get over it!) the hotel itself is across the street from a bus depot. We parked and checked in, and some old guys at the bus depot walked across the street and asked us if we were traveling, and if we wanted to hang out...Haha! They weren't threatening...just weird! Ok so that freaked me out a little.

The inside of the rooms are cute, really 50's style. The beds were super comfortable and the room was clean. We were in walking distance to a lot of places and even took a nice walk to River Street where all the fun is.

All in all this is an ok place to stay if you're on a budget and aren't planning a long stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank xoannamariaox
Reviewed April 8, 2007

This place advertised having internet in the rooms and ours did not work. We counted on having this access during our stay and they did not seem to care. By the way the front desk guy blew me off when we checked out, I seriously doubt it will be fixed.

Also, I heard good reviews about the great beds, but we must have gotten the wrong room because our beddding and sheets were stained as well as the floor.

Overall this hotel was ok if you have a tight budget, but make sure your internet works if it's important to you. And don't count on any refund if it doesn't. If they would have taken care of me I may not have written this review. False advertising and poor customer service is bad business.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank illsunlvr
Reviewed March 2, 2007

Went down to Savannah in late February for 4 days. Reservations went smooth, however, when we entered the room, it smelled like an ashtray even though the room was non-smoking. I asked for another room but they were sold out that night. They offered to change our room for the next two nights of our stay. So the front desk gave us an air iodizer, which really did not do anything. The next day, the room was pretty much aired out. Continental breakfast was awful! OJ and a donut? It seemed like they went to the nearest gas station store and bought stuff there. I will say that the beds were very comfortable and yes Oglethorpe Ave is very loud but if you turn on the AC, it drowns it out. Water pressure in shower was great too and being 6 feet tall, the high showerhead was a plus. I don't think I would stay here again because it was $134 a night when other people were getting it for $88 which ticked me off. I think I might splurge and stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank lei1280
Reviewed March 1, 2007

In a city of very overpriced hotels even in midwinter, the wonderfully oldstlye Thunderbird Motel offered a taste of '50s Americana at a relatively affordable price. Under new ownership we gather and conveniently close to the riverside attractions. Refurbished rooms were great and offered fridge, iron, coffee and a fine bed and bathroom. Now for the "but"...which may have something to do with the proximity of the Greyhouse bus depot. My travelling companion in an adjoining room was woken by two or three 3 a.m. calls on the room phone and finally a man knocking on her door asking for a "lady" by name. Now the desk staff were ful of apologies and did some financial adjustments along with assurances that their rooms were too expensive for the local ladies of the night. But it was a bit of a questionmark over oldstyle direct access from the parking lot motel rooms. Pity, because the rooms really were nice as were the staff.

• Stayed: March 2007