“Tracy hooked us up!”

Ranked #33 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
“Tracy hooked us up!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

When we arrived at 11pm, clearly stressed and frazzled. Tracy, one of the thunderbird inns late night workers, made everything better. He upgraded our room and took very good care of us considering our situation. The service was fast and efficient as well as friendly and very comfortable. Our room had a wii in it and we never slept better. Thank you Tracy!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Brittany E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Oslo
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night- we needed a clean bed at a reasonable price. It is clean and cheap and aaalmostn walking distance to city centre. Better take the car ;) Free parking and quiet area. Got a good night's sleep!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank OnklReisendeMac
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We rented the room via Hotwire and were very wary due to some ancient internet results whilst Googling.
It turned out to be nonsense.
The motel/hotel/inn? unsure of what it is..was really very good. It was very clean, full of friendly, super helpful staff and close to the centre of Savannah. We parked our car when we arrived and didn't use it again until after we checked out.

We went to the places the reception staff recommended for food and they were all spot on. The staff are an asset, always charming, smiley and patient (1000s of questions)

This place isn't a Hilton or a Hyatt but is all the better for that. It is quirky and cool and has a great vibe that is utterly missing in other chains.
I felt really glad that we had stayed at the Thunderbird

Room Tip: We had two double queens with interconnecting doors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We came across the Thunderbird Inn while searching through hotels online and knew it was the place for us-- and we were not disappointed! The rooms were clean, cool, and comfortable, with brand new air conditioning and a great atmosphere, we loved getting our moon pies (in different flavors, even!) and RC colas, but most notably, the service was OUTSTANDING. Tracy, who both checked us in and out and helped along the way, was so accommodating and friendly that he blew my Ritz Carlton's standards away. We has an absolutely wonderful time and we will definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013
Naples, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Positives
1) Great location
2) The girls at the front desk were friendly and helpful.
3) Great coffee in the AM and lemonade in the afternoon.
4) Relaxed, easy and casual environment.

Negatives
1) Terrible housekeeping.
2) In desperate need of renovations.
3) Parking not free as advertised.
4) Everything was small and cramped ( the room, parking, and lobby.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mimaalsol
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed at the Thunderbird Inn when I was in Savannah on vacation in April 2013 (you can read my original review). When my travels were bringing me through town again in August, I decided to stay again since I had such a great experience in April. Sadly, in just a few short months everything seemed to go downhill. I was surprised about them charging for parking as that was not advertised and I was not charged in April. I had an issue with my room and I was moved. Unfortunately, I had an issue with the room I was moved too. They did do right by me and really tried their best to correct things. However, I lost an entire morning waiting for them to have the new room ready. When you only have a few days in town, you really don't want to sit in the office for hours. I will say that the staff, especially Leslie in the office and Andrea in housekeeping really were fantastic. It's just a shame that was such a different experience in just four months. I highly doubt that I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I hate that you had two difference experiences. That is very uncool. When do you head through town again? mark@thethunderbirdinn.com
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If you are traveling to Savannah on a budget this is not a bad place to stay. A good walk, wear tennis shoes, to the historic district. Loved the moon pies a RC colas!! The bathroom was extremely small, but we were not in our room much to even care about the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple