“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 112 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and l stayed at the Thunderbird and enjoyed the closeness of Savannahs historical district. The rooms were imaculate and what a friendly group of people in the office.Special thanks to Leslie, Stephanie and Hannah for their help in making sure we had a great time in Savannah. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Savannah, I've stayed at several area hotels within the Historic District. I enjoy the Thunderbird because I'm getting a great room without overpaying for a comparable room elsewhere. It is dog-friendly which is fantastic as Savannah is a dog-loving town. A new more corporate type hotel was under construction during my last visit, which will only add to the security of the location, although I have never felt unsafe. I would suggest calling to make reservations as the single time I reserved online, the reservation did not go through, but again, the staff made certain a room was available for my family. Enjoy!

Room Tip: It is Savannah and near Savannah College of Art and Design, so at times, persons can be heard outsid...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MsFlorida33
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Thunder Bird INN It's the hospitality!! We had 2 rooms at this hotel and stayed for 3 days. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We were staying with Girl Scouts and it is a great location to Downtown Savannah and Perfect walking distance to JGL House! The staff made sure we had enough towels, etc upon arrival. They were helpful with our questions and requests and we had a great time. If you are traveling with Girl Scouts or Kids or you have a sweet tooth this is the place for you! Moon Pies and Rc Cola await you in your room and Krispy Kreme Donuts for breakfast if you get a snack attack they pop fresh popcorn all day.(Sugar Attack for the Kids) The beds were comfortable, there is a fridge in the rooms. Heard no noise from the upstairs rooms or outside our room, the A/C is Awesome! Its a fun Hotel that I would stay in again and again! Hippest hotel in Savannah, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: get the interior rooms in the corner if possible you can get some traffic noise if you are in room 1...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jflorida33912
Davidson, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

The Thunderbird was a great find for a weekend trip in Savannah. It's located in the historic district and for this location, the price can't be beat. Plus, the rooms are super clean and the beds very comfortable. And for an older hotel, it has been updated with style. Don't expect luxury, but do expect to be pleasantly surprised. We sure were.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank shell904
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. I just loved the retro feel of the Thunderbird Inn. After getting such a great price, I wasn't expecting too much. Much to my surprise, the hotel was in a good location and it was very clean. The staff was the best I have EVER come encounter with. Spencer was at the front desk when we checked in and he was so awesome! He gave me a map and told me the best way to get to where I needed to go. He certainly went above and beyond. The hotel provided krispy kreme donuts for breakfast and those are my favorite. :) The rooms are a little small, but I don't spend much time in the room, so it was fine for me and my 2 friends. The hotel was only a 10 minute walk to downtown Savannah and City Market. Very convenient since we didn't have to struggle looking for parking downtown. FYI, no pool.... Normally this would be a turn off for me but I got over it as I had plenty to do in Savannah! The bed was FABULOUS! It was really plush for a hotel bed, very comfortable. Thanks Thunderbird! I will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank JacqAsh81
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while doing Savannah and we totally enjoyed it. It was very easy walking to anywhere, the service was great, friendly, and very helpful. The room totally clean and smelled nice. The beds were perfect to sleep in. The bathroom was spotless as well. It was great free parking, just leave your car here and walk or take the trolley, just around the corner. The breakfast is simple, but they do bring in Krispy Kreme donuts and there was always plenty of them. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Patricia R
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Very helpful and personable staff. Great value, and just a few minutes walk to Riverfront and the Historic district. While the WiFi signal was very weak....it wasn't a deal breaker. I'll be back soon....I love this place !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple