I was really disappointed with the Thunderbird. What I expected was querky and hip. What I got was run down and dismal. The room we were given smelled strongly of bleach, the furnishings and bedding were worn and tired-looking, the door didn't lock properly and there were flies in the room.
To be fair the receptionist did her best to put things right and after I advised her that we weren't going to stay there, she arranged for a full refund of our money ( you have to pay in full up front).
In its favour the local is very good and I would imagine that students and back-packers would love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah