The Thunderbird Inn
Hyatt.com
$141
$132
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Central Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$72
$159
  • Breakfast included
River Street Inn(Savannah)(Great Value!)
$229
$152
Hampton.com
$139
1,767 results
All reviewsmoon pierc colakrispy kreme donutsretro feelretro motelfree popcornretro themegreat retrogreyhound stationhistoric districtfun place to staywithin walking distanceclose to downtownroad noisedowntown savannahbed was comfortableriver street
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just visited Savannah for the first time. Thunderbird Inn was clean and neat. Comfy beds. Not real quiet as it is close to a main road and building construction was going on next door. Bring ear plugs. Close to the Historic District so that was a plus. Moon pies on the pillow was a nice touch. The Staff was very helpful in recommending places to eat and things to see and do. Shana and Spencer were the best go to people. The air conditioning was out in the lobby so you really couldn't eat breakfast comfortably there, I felt sorry for the staff having to work there all shift.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to type a review for us. I am sorry about the air in the lobby. We now have a fantastic new, much more energy efficient, AC unit. The staff says it was worth the wait!

I am also sorry that the construction around us drowned out the Rock-N-Roll and Moonpies... I understand that makes it a little loud during the day. We are looking at it as a small price for all of the fantastic investment in our neighborhood. Glass is half full, right?

I hope you will return soon and see all of the fantastic buildings completed and the Rock-N-Roll setting the vibe for a fantastic Savannah experience!

Stay Hip!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

My mom and I went to Savannah for a girls' getaway, and I made reservations at the Thunderbird. The room was sufficient, but the beds......oh my!!! I think they are the MOST COMFORTABLE beds I have slept in, besides my own at home! The location was terrific, literally blocks away from Historic Districts, two blocks from a trolley service, and parking wasn't a problem otherwise. The staff at Thunderbird were AMAZING!! So incredibly helpful with anything and everything! I have to give a shout-out to Spencer, we came back to the hotel around 9-ish and there wasn't any parking, Spencer moved his car twice so we could have his spot. They also accomodated us when we decided to stay an extra night by switching some rooms around so we could stay in the same room. We will definitely stay at The Thunderbird again!

Room Tip: We stayed right after St. Patrick's Day, and they said they had a lot of party goers, which is why I rated the cleanliness as average. Otherwise it would have been very good or excellent, I'm sure.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to say kind words about Spencer! He is fantastic! His can-do attitude exemplifies who we are at the Tbird!

I also love that you love our beds! They are so comfy you almost want to skip the city... well, almost!

Come back again soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very pleasent location, everything within walking distance. The rooms are a bit in need of renovation. The breakfast is nothing special, but serves the needs. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel to people, which are on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for the note! I am pleased that you stayed with us. I am sorry the the Krispy Kreme and coffee wasn't what you were looking for in a breakfast! Our staff has fantastic suggestions around town to get a full breakfast. We figure with so many great options around town, we just want to offer a fun, slightly sinful way to start your day!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great place to meet our Son and Daughter in Law for family fun. The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly and very helpful, enjoyed the music and the locations was great for walking. Would totally stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Lisa G,

Thanks for the kind words! I hope you come back when you're this way!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I brought my 9-yr-old granddaughter to Savannah because she wanted to eat at Lady & Sons and take a Ghost Tour. I had seen the Thunderbird Inn while taking a tour on a previous trip to Savannah and thought it would be a convenient place for us to stay for a couple of nights. It was that, and more! The staff was very helpful with providing directions and suggestions about the activities I had planned, and really got into my granddaughter's excitement about everything. The rooms were clean and neat and had everything we needed - the beds were actually more comfortable the the one I slept in at a more expensive Savannah hotel a couple months earlier! It's a basic place - there's no pool and the "breakfast" is Krisply Kreme's and coffee - but hey, the price was much more reasonable than the pricier hotels located closer in to City Market/Bay Street/River Street area. If a pool and breakfast are not high on your priority list, I highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CoolGrammyIAM
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! Did you check out the new Children's Museum at the Ga. Rail Road Museum? It is just around the corner from us and is FANTASTIC!