Within walking distance of the historic district this is a great base. Cheap, clean and comfortable if a little dated. It's not really retro other than the outside but the moonpie was a nice treat arriving late and the Krispy Kreme breakfast was fun (the first morning!)
Also worth noting- it's directly opposite the greyhound station. There doing a lo of construction there at the moment which may account for some of the noise reported.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah