This is an older hotel that was remodeled from what I read. We needed two bedrooms for our trip this time and getting two rooms that connected was cheaper than the 2 bedroom suites at the other hotels. If you want fancy, this is not the hotel for you. If you want affordable, close to the historic district and a wonderfully helpful staff this is your hotel. Being this is an older hotel they have rooms that connect which made it wonderful with our family this trip. There isn't a 5 star breakfast, but with refrigerators in the rooms and a microwave in the lobby we were able to have cereal with the doughnuts and juice provided. You should ask for a bottom floor if stairs are a problem. I read a lot of reviews about the noise, there is a major road, but it wasn't an issue for us. If you do decided to stay, you should ask about George Monk (the sock monkey), he loves to go sightseeing with the guest! Check out his facebook page George Monk! Also, if you do your research and find prices on the travel websites call the hotel they'll price match! Happy travels!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah