Stayed 2 nights in November on our driving tour and booked after reading the reviews here. Receptionist very pleasant at check in and very helpful, but the motel is on a very busy main road so noise could be an issue for many people. The motel is no more, no less than your average motel and we are baffled by those people who call it funky - mmmm....it really is a normal motel that plays 'musak' on the loud speakers (turned off around 9pm). Room was a reasonable size with all the usual amenities. To walk to the river is a good 20-25 mins - and we are quite fit, so you should keep this in mind. Breakfast was abysmal - just sweet bagels & donuts (nothing savoury), coffee & juice. We asked the helpful receptionist if she could recommend anywhere for a decent breakfast and we went to Goose Feathers (excellent). We would only have given this motel 2 stars, but the reception staff gained them an extra point!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah