“Great stay for a great value!”

The Thunderbird Inn
Ranked #33 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We always stay at The Thunderbird Inn when we go to Savannah, GA. Great value. Great, friendly staff. Right in downtown Savannah, an easy walk to River Street. We stayed here during the Rock and Roll Savannah Marathon in 2011 and 2012. We love it!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Savannah R

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was my fourth stay. I enjoy this motel quite a bit. The office staff is polite and friendly. The rates are great, especially if you book on line. The rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. What you pay for is exactly what you get. You need to check in early, because finding a parking spot can be difficult. The Historic District is within easy walking distance.

Room Tip: Book on line and request a downstairs room, otherwise you have to lug your stuff upstairs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank advocon
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent inn for the price! Clean, friendly stuff, FREE breakfast (Krispy Kreme's donuts and a variety of coffee, tea, juice, and syrups), very close to the Trolley tours (around the corner), and to the River View street. My wife and I are happy and satisfied! A+++

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Extremely friendly & helpful staff. Great rate, in walking distance to restaurants, pubs, shops etc. Very clean. Love the colors, style and design. Fun place! My husband and I spent 4 nights. No complaints! Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank RocksieStardust
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Here's what I found in my 2-day stay and encounter with 4 of the personnel: constantly friendly and helpful with follow-up by Mike and Shana to be sure my requests were meant. The room was clean and loaded with extras--ironing board, iron, refrigerator, well modulated and easily controllable heat/AC, coffee maker, refrigerator, hair drier, Kleenex dispenser, comfortable beds, phone, radio, TV, good lighting wherever it was needed, easily operable and perfectly functional shower/bath, wall dispensers in shower for shampoo, shower gel and conditioner with large print for my faded eyes, proximity to tours and to historic section.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

OK, sure, let's get this out of the way...this is not a luxury hotel. It is old and has small bathrooms. BUT, what it does have is some of the friendliest, most helpful, most enthusiastic staff that I have ever encountered, even at 5 star resorts.
The location is ideal for exploring the city. A 10 minute walk will get you just about anywhere. I would definitely stay here again, no problems at all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank annabellesma
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel had the comfort level of a $70 room, so I was disappointed by the value. The only thing they are reputable for is the retro style of the hotel, which didnt do much for me. The staff is warm and friendly, but the beds in my room were older and sank to the middle, the sheets didnt fit properly, the blanket was all lumpy on one side from use, and I didnt like the soaps. I think the things that really count in a hotel stay are quality of sleep, cleanliness, and comfort, and I didnt feel rested or comfortable. The pet fee is $50, which I think is waaay overpriced, and therefore did not bring our dog. It is unfortunately one of the cheaper hotels in the downtown area, which is the only reason we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
tbirdmanager, General Manager at The Thunderbird Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

I hate that you had such a bad experience. I wish I would have known while you were intown. If you would like to talk about it I can be reached at mark@thethunderbirdinn.com.