if you are ever in Savannah, GA, you must stay at the Thunderbird Inn! I booked through Hotwire and was a bit worried whe we pulled into the parking lot! I thought it was going to be too tacky and old fashioned since it is so retro. However, what a wonderful surprise! The reception woman, Stephanie, was warm , friendly and helpful. The rooms are larger than expected - beds are so comfortable, and the moon pie on the pillow is hilarious! The krispie creme donuts in the AM was delicious and then we did the "Old Savannah Trolley Tour" which was excellant. Stephanie even arranged it so they picked us upp right in the Thunderbird parking lot! The tour was terrific because the guides were knowledgeable and humerous. it was easy to get off at any of the stops then get back on and hear the tour from where we last left off even though it was a different guide! loved Savannah - look forward to going back and staying at the Thunderbird Inn again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Meet-up at our delightfully quirky motel where refined Savannah's so-historic location and so-hip eccentricities hook up. Discounted Savannah lodging was never so much fun! Hotel rates include Moon Pies and Krispy Kreme donuts! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Thunderbird Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Thunderbird Hotel Savannah
- Thunderbird Hotel Savannah