“Average 3-star hotel but not Marriott quality.”

SpringHill Suites Savannah I-95 South
Ranked #63 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed with my recent stay at this hotel. The customer service was good. The room that I was given could have been cleaner. The fitted sheet had a stain. The comforter is less than 1/2 inch thick. I called and requested another one and the young man gave me one that had a hole the circumference of a medium-sized orange. I just expect better standards from any hotel. I would not want to stay here again but if I have to it will not be for more than a day.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jony5

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Always a pleasure to stay at this location ...have stated several times over the years..clean rooms...great breakfast....very good amenities... But the stand out feature is the wonderful staff...especially Effie in the breakfast area....my husband mentioned I loved bacon and although there was none left and it was time to start breaking down...Effie cooked me some bacon...it truly is the simple things that make establishments stand out from the rest..I am a loyal customer forever !!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed here in May of 2013 while traveling to Savannah for a softball tournament. The hotel was very clean and staff was friendly and helpful. As we had several girls from a softball team who wanted to swim a lot we were constantly asking for more towels but the staff didn't seem to mind. The rooms were clean and well kept. I can't say there was a good view as we were just off I-95 and around 25-30 minutes from beautiful downtown Savannah. You're not that many miles away but traffic and tons of red lights make the drive a lot longer. However, by choosing to stay just off the interstate we saved a lot of money each night on the hotel bill and since it was not a vacation I didn't mind at all. Since we had dirty softball uniforms I loved that the hotel offered a place to do laundry. It was $1 to wash and $1 to dry. It sure beat packing up muddy softball uniforms for the drive home.

Room Tip: We had a room with two double beds and a pull out sofa which happened to be handicap accessible. I...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I love Savannah and we had a most wonderful stay at this particular hotel. The staff was pleasant. The rooms were spacious and clean. Breakfast was delicious with a bountiful selection and the coffee was good (at the breakfast bar as I did not have coffee in the room). This hotel is a little out of the way from downtown but we were delighted with the price for the quality of the accommodations.
I almost forgot to comment about what is probably the most comfortable bed on which I have ever slept. I wish mine at home was a comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank danielanita
Reviewed April 29, 2013

After relocating to the north, we came back to get house ready for rent in Savannah. We stayed at the Springfield for 4 days catching a good daily rate. Service was great, rooms were almost sound proof. We will be returning!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stopped at SpringHill Suites en route from Charlotte to Orlando. This property is convenient to I-95. We stayed in a room offering 2 Queens and a sofa bed in a separate living area. There is also a mini fridge/coffee maker w/n the room. Our stay was quick but it met our needs for a family of four. We were able to put on child on the pull-out sofa, one in a bed, and one bed for ourselves. All beds were very comfortable. The room does not offer a nightlight of any sorts and the bathroom light operates with a fan, so bring a nightlight if you have small ones and need a source of light during the night and don't want to listen to a bathroom fan. The hotel is very quiet. Complimentary breakfast was great, offering a large variety of food from eggs, cereal, waffles, and fruit. Would stay here again when driving through to Florida!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 10-15 times over the last few years and finally decided to review it. The location is excellent! Just right off of I-95 and very close to all the shops/restaurants on Abercorn Street. The front desk staff are always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and ready when I check in. The complimentary breakfast is surprisingly good with lots of food choices. Most of all the value for this property can't be beat. I always enjoy staying at this Springhill Suites!

• Stayed: March 2013