“Fantastic Hotel in Gorgeous Savannah”

Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #10 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reading
“Fantastic Hotel in Gorgeous Savannah”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Bed and Breakfast Inn for two nights in June 2007 and had a fantastic time. The hotel is in a wonderful location and is full of character and style. it reflected the style of Savannah very well and we loved the room decor. We stayed in the Oriental room for a night and the Magnolia Room for a night at a special rate of $129. This was great value and we enjoyed the fresh breakasts and the peaceful surroundings very much. We would recommend the Bed and Breakfast inn and Savannah itself which is one of the most characterful places i have ever visited.

• Stayed June 2007
3 Thank C1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

My girlfrient (fiance now) went on a trip to the low country last summer. We have been using Tripadvisor for a couple years now to rate hotels and other attractions and believe it is a very honest, relaible source. I am writing this so late, because I wanted to give a great review for such a nice bed and breakfast.
DISCLAIMER.......

It has been a year since I have been there, so things might have changed.

We decided to stay at this hotel, because we wanted to save money for the rest of the trip. The hotel is situated about a block away from the Mercer House (Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil), and about 3 blocks (small blocks) from Forsythe Park. It is on the opposite side of the historic district from the riverwalk street, but the historic distric is so small, we walked everywhere without even a problem.

The rooms are small, but nicely apointed. The service was nice, and had afternoon tea and snacks, which were good. Breakfast was served each morning and was enough to sustain us till lunch.

If you are looking for an affordable hotel and want to experience the Savannah living experience, come to this hotel.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Small Rooms
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank spoons99
High Wycombe, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2007

The Savannah B&B Inn was perfect for our 3 day stay. Near Chatham Square it was very quiet but only about 15 mins walk from River Street. We were glad we didn't have a car as parking looked tricky with meters everywhere; I believe the Inn provides parking passes. Our room (the Library Room) was large, comfortable and nicely furnished. The system of selecting your breakfast choice and time of serving the night before meant everything was individually and freshly cooked. Choice was good and portions ample. Our visit coincided with the Jazz Festival. Sitting in City Market listening to live student jazz was great. The charm of the squares, Forsyth Park and the Colonial Cemetery compensates for the tackier parts of River Street. We enjoyed dinner at the Firefly, the Bistro Savannah and Il Pasticcio - all excellent. The only blot on the landscape was the non-arrival of the booked Yellow Cab to take us to the airport. The B & B staff rallied round and made sure we did make the flight. Any Brits visiting Savannah and wanting a change from the usual big names and chains would find the Savannah B & B Inn a different and most enjoyable experience.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank exlancs
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2007

My boyfriend and I spent 2 nights at the Inn the last week of February. We were SO pleased. We booked the "Parlor" room. It was absolutely lovely. Very spacious and beautifully appointed. Our room was one level above the street and on the same floor as the dining room. Breakfast was quite good. Waffles and sausage one morning and eggs benedict the next. Afternoon iced tea and dessert was available. I gorged myself on the Brownies Neopolitan and iced raspberry tea. Infact, I gorged myself the entire time I was in Savannah... but that's a review for another time :-) I did alot of research before I chose the Bed and Breakfast Inn... and I'm still patting myself on the back for finding it. Their rates are extremely affordable for the location and the quality that you receive. It's about a 15 minute walk to the river front. We checked their website and got our room for $99 a night. That's about $60 less than any of the other BnB's in the historic district. If you're looking for a wonderful Savannah experience, look no further.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank Janet_Scronce
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2007

We have just returned from a trip to the US and stayed at the Bed and Breakfast Inn. Unlike the last reviewer we stayed in the main house which is lovely and very in keeping with the city.

As we were making arrangements day by day we decided to stay for 2 nights and hence in 2 different rooms. Both were quite large for this type of accommodation and well furnished. I can also say that, having rung a few B&Bs when making our reservation for the first night, our stay was very good value, compared to other accommodations of its type in the city.

When we originally read the reviews of this Inn in the guidebooks we were carrying we noticed that compared to other B&Bs this was given a lower rating. The only reason I can think for this might be that the bathrooms, whilst perfectly acceptable, are not as "in keeping" with the building as the rooms. But hey, its only a bathroom!

To pick up on another reviews comments it is true that you are offered 2 choices for breakfast, the chef's special and a standard cooked breakfast. This is actually very nice however and much better than the usual "Denny's" variety offered. The chef's special was very good on both days we stayed and I would recommend this to anyone. Also as you select your breakfast the evening before I suspect that the chef would accomodate any particular preferences if you didn't like the options available.

In summary I would highly recommend a stay here, the rooms in the main house are really nice and in a fabulous location, the people very freindly and helpful and the food was very good.

Stayed March 2007
4 Thank Marmitegirl
Atlanta, Ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2007

My family and I stayed in the Blue Cottage for two nights in the spring of last year. Maybe our expectations were too high, but we were very disappointed. The carriage house itself seemed a little worn, with a faded couch and gritty floor. In addition, the bathroom was dirty, the toilette ran, and we spotted several bugs throughout the weekend. When we reported these problems to the owners we received an apology but it seemed too little too late. For the price we paid (which was a bit more than normal since we had 3 adults) we at least expected a certain level of cleanliness. Also, I have to agree with other reviewers when they complained that the breakfasts were lacking. The food itself was okay, but the portions and the variety were poor and not much above a continental breakfast.

On the good side, the staff was friendly and the gardens beautiful and fragrant. The rooms in the main building seemed a bit nicer than our carriage house, but we understandably couldn't stay in those because we had an infant. My husband and I try to frequent bed and breakfasts when we can, but I can honestly say that our experience here was more like that of a motel than the gracious inn we expected.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank ramblingr0se
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2006

Previous reviews are very accurate.
Location is one of the best assets amoung the stately historic homes and restaurants. Bring your best walking shoes!

Parking can be a bit of a challenege at times but recognize that most residential parking is on the street. Of great benefit is the parking pass the B&B provides - you may park at most meters in downtown Savannah for as long as you like. ie. not restricted to the maximum meter time.

All staff are helpfull and want to ensure you enjoy your time. Heather provided excellent concierge services for tour or restaurant reservations.

We found it quite similar to B&B's in England.

• Liked — historic building, wireless internet
  • Disliked — A little tricky to find because Savannah is designed with many central squares - website could provide a map for download
  • Tips/Secrets — must be able to navigate stairs