“loved it here”

Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #10 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Reviewed August 18, 2004

My wife and I stayed in Savannah for our 5th wedding anniversary. The prices of Bed and Breakfast Inn were exactly what we could afford. The Inn is just lovely and the staff is gracious. I wanted to surprise my wife with a romantic dinner, and this Inn actually offered a personal chef service. Alicia, our personal chef, was fabulous. She prepared a delicious four-course meal and served it in our room. She had a table set up with candles and had a bottle of wine chilled for us. She cooked crab cakes for an appetizer which were perfect. the entree was a Shrimp pasta with Spinach, garlic and red pepper. Not only did it look appealing, it was very delicious. I am a seafood fanatic and Alicia cooked those shrimp to perfection!! For desert we had a chocolate torte. Her prices were definately worth every penny. It was nice to have a quiet dinner without the hassle and noise of most restaurants. We recommend this Bed and Breakfast, and if you are in a mood for surprising your mate, call Alicia.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2004

Recommended? DEFINITELY. We stayed there for 3 nights in early July 2004, in the Yellow and Parkview rooms. Everything was perfect. Friendly hosts, great breakfasts, on-street parking right outside with the pass. For the three breakfasts, we sat at various tables for breakfast which was a great way to meet other guests.
The rooms were clean with little nice touches to make them welcoming and memorable. Very, very good value.
Afternoon tea with cake and iced tea was great, after trekking the sidewalks of Savannah.

2 Thank esjas12
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 25, 2004

I recently stayed at the Savannah B & B Inn July 15th-18th and had a wonderful time. It was my first experience at a B&B and I'd definitely go back! I was in town for my best friend's wedding and we were quite busy so I didn't get to take advantage of afternoon tea & cookies/cake but I caught glimpse of it once and it looked wonderful. We stayed in The Blue Cottage and it was beautiful. The closet was spacious and the bed was plenty comfortable. The staff was gracious. Breakfast was wonderful (and I'm a picky eater) - there was cereal (homemade granola), fresh fruit. Some days there was bacon and omelets, and another days it was fresh blueberry pancakes. I only wish my trip had not been so hectic so I could've relaxed at the B & B a little more. What made this place even more charming were the two grey kitties who live in the courtyard - Albert and Grits. Grits was very friendly and loved a little scratching behind the ear. Albert was a little shy but friendly as well. All in all, I highly recommend this place and look forward to going back!

3 Thank brittanyjs
Reviewed July 21, 2004

My wife and I recently celebrated our 10 year anniversary at the Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn. We stayed there for four wonderful nights. Before making our trip, we shopped around for a reasonable rate in Savannah. The Bed & Breakfast Inn was by far the most reasonable. Do not let their rates fool you! When we arrived, we were greeted by a pleasant and gracious Innkeeper. (I don't recall her name but she had a touch of what I think was an English accent). She was very charming and helpful and even gave us good recommendations on sights to see and resturants. There wasn't any off-street parking available but the Innkeeper provided us with quarters for the parking meters on our first afternoon and then gave us a parking pass for the rest of our stay. When we were shown to our first room, were blown away by the cleanliness and attention to detail. The second room was just as amazing, but in another building. The full breakfasts were tasty and the protions were more than sufficient. The time frame to get breakfast was, likewise, generous. In the afternoons, the Inn had "Tea". This was basically an afternoon snack with a beverage but we weren't expecting it and the homemade snacks were delicious. We ended up staying in two different rooms but we were never bothered by noise, from either inside or outside of the Inn. The gardens and courtyards were very well maintained and the whole staff were absolutely wonderful. Southern hospitality at it's best! This was a great deal for the money and we would absolutely stay there again.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Litchfield, Connecticut
Reviewed July 20, 2004

We spent a couple of days in Savannah prior to a beach week in SC, and really, really liked Bed and Breakfast Inn. It's a few townhouses blended together and overlooking an enclosed garden -- right around the corner from Mercer House (for "Midnight..." fans) and Forsyth Park. We were treated to friendly service, excellent guidance on places to eat and see, and great breakfasts! I definitely recommend the place.

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank jvtraveler
Reviewed July 19, 2004

We stayed at the Savannah B&B a few weeks ago, and had a pretty good experience. When I called to make a reservation, I was quoted a higher price than what was posted on their web site. When I asked about the difference, the innkeeper didn't even know what price was being advertised. A little aggravating, but I took the room anyway (at the higher rate, of course)! When we first arrived, the door to the main house was locked. When a very stern-faced girl opened it, I mentioned that I thought it may have been hard to open and she told me that it was in fact locked, after looking at me like I had an extra head. I asked about the parking pass at this point because I hadn't put money in the meter just to check in, and she indicated that I would have to pay to park. I went all the way back downstairs, dug through the car for quarters, put them in the meter, and when I got back inside another girl, who was one of the nicest people I've ever met, handed me my parking pass. All that for nothing. The room was really nice, though the bathroom could have been cleaner, (moldy). Other than that, we liked the inn and were happy with the location. Breakfast and afternoon tea were wonderful. All in all, the inn was good for the money. We would stay there again.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member