“Trip”

Ranked #9 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Trip”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This B&B was just ok. The cleanliness was only average. The staff is very nice, Fred is great, however, the facility is just ok. Gluten free diet was an issue, the food is only Ok and the price was high for the condition of the facility. I requested the Tree Top room. The newels to the stairs, two were missing, nails were in the floor, there was a close that could not be used, was unfinished space with exposed wires. A door to the Tree Top room was leading out to a fire escape, the roof access has no safety rails. Fred noticed our unsatisfied nature and put us in another sweet in a quick period of time. Upon checking in, we were early, the room was not yet ready and we were instructed to leave our belongings in the dining room. Upon returning in the evening, our luggage was still in the dining room with 5-8 different guests in there with access to my luggage. Lack of proper management and organization appears to be an issue. I would not stay at this B&B again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I would stay here again. This could be a pro or con depending on your interest, but two of my friends claim to have had paranormal experiences in the Connor House!

The ladies at breakfast were very friendly and attentive. Breakfast was impressive--hot breakfast every morning rather than other B&Bs that offer only juice and muffins.

It would've been grand to have had breakfast served in the dining room of the Connor House though. That would be a spectacular add-on I would surely pay for, to be able to go downstairs in my pajamas and eat breakfast, even though it's just a short walk to the main house.

Only complaint is that despite having spent a grand on the Connor House, a woman who was working the front desk refused to make eye contact with me--her customer--and seemed troubled by the fact I was waiting for her attention. You don't treat someone who is giving you business (and potentially repeat business) so flippantly. How difficult is it to say, "Good morning! Give me just a moment and I'll be right with you." I don't think people in the hospitality industry realize that the slightest misstep can ruin a vacation for someone.

Room Tip: The houses separate from the main house come with a private parking spot!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank y808y
Parrish, Florida
Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was a great inn to stay at. The breakfast was wonderful, the milk and cookies were perfect after walking through the city all day. The only trouble we had was trying to get on the internet. The innkeeper tried to fix it several times, but when guests (I'm guilty too) bring all kinds of devices that use the internet, a much better system is needed. That being said, we loved our stay and was within walking distance from everything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
massachusetts
Reviewed March 25, 2014

This 15 room bed and breakfast comprises three adjoining buildings at the edge of the Historic District. Walking distance to everything, and just far enough from the craziness of the St. Patrick's Day festivities. We were two blocks from the beginning of the parade, and just across the street from the Mercer-Williams house, scene of the true life drama, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, or, as it is known in Savannah, "the book." The house is well worth a visit. Our room was delightful, and we were served green grit and homemade hash for St. Patrick's Day breakfast.

Room Tip: We had the Parkview room, which was listed as a value room. Don't know how much nicer the more e...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This charming little Inn was better than we imagined and I was sad that we had only booked two nights! The entire staff- especially Paula and Frederick were amazing. Because we stayed during St. Patrick's day weekend we were able to enjoy the festive breakfast that included green grits, corn beef hash and an awesome musician playing the fiddle. It really got us into the spirit.

The thing we loved most of all was our room. We stayed in the Egyptian room which was so cozy that I didn't really want to leave. The bed was a gorgeous canopy with incredibly soft sheets and a yummy pillow top that was the most comfortable bed I've experienced apart from my own at home. The bathroom was large and clean and I was surprised to enjoy the soft carpeting underfoot in the bedroom.

The breakfast is great, I enjoyed the quiet tea time and the warm cookies in the evening are an extra treat that we enjoyed. Parking was adequate. My only complaint was that if you are not fit, it is very difficult to climb the narrow stairway to the third floor. I recommend requesting a room located on a lower floor. I would definitely stay here again, and again and again!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Stay over the weekend before St. Patrick's day. This was our second time in this B&B and the reason we chose it is because we needed accommodation for a party of three adults. We have been to Savannah about 7 times and our place of stay usually depends on price and then location. This time around was mainly because this B&B has suites that can accommodate three adults (or large parties) when you do not want to book two separate rooms in a hotel due to pricing.
Just like our first time (some years ago), the place is clean and quaint. The breakfast staff were always helpful and friendly. Some of the check-in staff seemed harried at times but this could have been because they were booked.
As they explain to you, on busy days you should expect to wait about 30 minutes for your breakfast to be served. Out of our 4 mornings in which we had breakfast, only one we had to wait the 30 minutes. On the other days, breakfast came out in under 10-15 minutes.
I do recommend this place. Keep in mind, as stated on other reviews, that this B&B is located near on the southern(?) edge of the downtown district where the majority of restaurants are. However, we did not mind the walk and there are also other restaurants near this B&B, such as Mrs. Wilkes (yum).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gainesville
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I went to Savannah on a little solo getaway and stayed at the Savannah Bed and Breakfast Inn. I have nothing but good things to say. The staff is super friendly and helpful. I stayed in the Parlour room and it was super clean and adorable. I love that they have a healthy breakfast option and begin service early. It is located over by Forsyth park and within walking distance of everything. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel