“Single traveler”

Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #9 of 30 Savannah B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My train arrived at the unfortunate hour of 7am - I had hoped to only drop off luggage, but was greeted like a family member and encouraged to join them for breakfast. Talk about southern hospitality!!
This was just a primer of what I would come to expect from the terrific staff at this comfy B and B. My entire stay was filled with gracious moments like this and I look very forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: The Librrary offered the coziest of beds - I slept better than I have in ages!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 136mce
Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in the Parlour room. There was no tea and coffee facilites in room and the hot water in the flask in dining room didn't stay hot for long. Was was a bit disappointed with small breakfast. Fresh fruit was warn because it was served along with a hot breakfast. No extras like toast were offered.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rhonda54015
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The staff were pleasant and helpful. The Lane Cottage was private, clean and perfect for two. We had delicious breakfasts, and the freshly baked cookies and milk each evening were a special touch. The B&B was close to Chatham Square, and in a beautiful location near many historical sites. The courtyards were just beautiful, but we were not connected to them. Our suite was around the corner from the house (just a few short steps away). Being in the Lane cottage provided privacy for us. We enjoyed walking to the near-by Crystal Beer Pub one evening. The only thing we didn't like about the cottage was the King sized bed. It was two twins put together, and a tad uncomfortable. Other than that, everything was very clean, and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Handicapped accessible travellers should be careful to not choose the Lane Cottage...there was a sma...
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I celebrated with my sister and brother in law, their anniversary at Savannah B&B Inn. It was a delightful experience - great ambience, wonderful breakfast on deck overlooking courtyard, serene (saw no one talking or texting during meals or afternoon tea time) and accomodating staff. Though the Live Oak suite is the largest, we loved the ground floor Tomochichi suite that opened onto a courtyard. The location is convenient to downtown, the squares, the Savannah Theatre and to Local 11 10, where we had a very good dinner. I will recommend this B&B to family and friends.

Room Tip: We liked the Tomochichi suite because it is ground level, opens to a private courtyard and is pretty...
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed for a weekend to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. Location was great, staff was friendly, breakfast was good and I really appreciated the freshly baked cookies after an evening out on the town. The room was clean and fresh, the bed was really comfortable (if you like soft beds, which I do), pillows were great. We stayed in the Turkish room and it was so pretty. It was a beautiful house overall as well. It was the first time we'd ever been to a B&B and we'd definitely go back. It was walking distance to everything, a little long of a walk but can you really complain about walking through the gorgeous squares of Savannah? Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed on the street side and it was really quiet. No loud car noises. We were in the Turkish r...
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We rented the Connor House for 3 nights with the intent of also having a SCAD graduation party there. I cannot complain about the service at the inn and the breakfasts, but the accommodation were sub par. The kitchen area was very poor and provided not even the minimum to cook. The dishwasher, a burner and the timer on the stove were non functioning and there were no pot holders. We had to use bath towels and burned our hands. Thankfully, we had it catered but had great difficulty even warming anything up. The space itself worked out well, but overall it seemed a bit worn and shabby. My family all complained about the bed comfort. It was an easy walk to graduation but do not plan to use this as a vacation rental.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FloridaTravelLover23
Bob_McAlister, Owner at Savannah Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

As the owner I am glad you enjoyed our wonderful location if not the kitchen in the Connor House. Apologies for the broken dishwasher and lack of potholders. Given that our guests tend to sample the fine dining that Savannah has to offer I shall be removing the dishwasher. I am surprised that the stove did not work as it is a new one. Many thanks for pointing this out and pot holders will be provided for our future guests!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We only stayed in this B&B for one night. When I tried to make a reservation for a one-night stay in Savannah during Memorial Day weekend, either I couldn't find one that didn't require a minimum of two-night stay, or the price is outrageous. However, Savannah B&B had one room for us and it was perfect. Here we truly experienced the southern hospitality.

We stayed in Camelia Room and the price was very reasonable considering the perfect location and holiday weekend. When we stay in B&B, we always love the fact that they offer treats. This time, we had afternoon tea with sweets, and also late night milk with chocolate chip cookies. The B&B has a lot of chairs so that you can sit in the courtyard and enjoy the beautiful day and treats.

You have two choices for breakfast: Chef's choice and the alternative (usually something healthier and lighter). When you fill out the breakfast form the day before, you also have to indicate the time slot that you would like to enjoy your breakfast. I think the breakfast is lacking a little bit.

Overall we did enjoy our stay a lot, and this B&B made us love Savannah even more. Oh the only complaint we had was that the ice machine was broken when we tried to fill out our cooler before we left Savannah.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple