“check your bill here..”

Uncle Bubba's Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed November 5, 2013

we ate here last week…my hub and myself, dau and son in law and 2 grandkids , 3 and 1, the food was good, the oysters are alot of shell, not much on the inside but we are used to what we get in NJ which hub said are a different kind, the pecan pie was great…when the bill came he left a generous tip when paying with his debit card, not noticing they had already added 18% tip , counting the babies to make a party of 6…well when he checked the bill after we left he ended up leaving a 68.00 tip on a 170.00 bill….my son in law called them and asked if they normally count toddlers as part of a party of 6 and they said yes but we should have been told the tip was on there…my hub said to leave his tip on there and take off their 18%…hub should have been more on the ball though when looking at the bill

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We've heard a lot about Uncle Bubba's and really wanted to give it a try. I am sure it's gorgeous when you can look out on the water and dine outside but it's a little too cool for that now. The hostess did get us a nice seat though. Josh our water was very attentive and was there refilling my tea before I could ask. He offered my husband water in addition to his beer which is something we usually ask for. He was a great waiter.

The food was pretty good. Many people had the buckets of seafood but we wanted to keep our dinner bill a little less than the cost of the buckets. They really did look good though.

I had the crab cakes which were perfectly filled with big pieces of crab. It came with red rice which was terrific. My husband got the pick 2 seafood plate with fried oysters and scallops. He enjoyed them.

That's it, good food great service!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I ate at UB on Saturday, and I asked if the fish was fresh - caught, and was informed that it was pond - raised. Then I inquired about the shrimp, turns out those are not fresh either. It seems a travesty to me that a restaurant on the coast would not offer fresh caught sea food. I ordered the shrimp, and they had an extremely fishy taste. My recommendation would be to go to another locally owned place...

1  Thank Eco C
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We visited Uncle Bubba's at about 5:30 on a Saturday. We tried the chargrilled oysters, seafood dip and a cheese quesadilla for appetizers. The quesadilla was the best tasting although normal appetizer. The oysters were mediocre and some were gritty, the dip had a refrigerator taste to it and the chips were not fresh at all. For our entries, we choose the crab cakes and the crab stuffed flounder with Savannah rice, coleslaw and a baked potato as sides. The crab cakes were greasy and the sauce that came with them had no flavor. The crab stuffed flounder was bland and tasted like a frozen prepared fish. The rice was overcooked, gummy and lacking flavor. The potato was mediocre as well. The only thing that was good was the coleslaw. Our server, Josh, was nice but had a hard time finding a high chair. Would not return for this overrated, overpriced menu.

1  Thank bwall120
Reviewed October 30, 2013

First trip to Savannah and visited Uncle Bubba's based on a friends recommendation. Overall it was an average seafood meal. Not really what I expected for the price. Crab cakes and shrimp, and crab legs were awesome. However, the all you can eat bar was poorly put together. The salad had been sitting out for what looked like hours and the dressing was warm. The waitress kindly made a fresh salad. The upside to the bar was the all you can eat crab legs and oysters. If you can eat $35.00 worth of crab legs and oysters this is the way to go. the rest of my family enjoyed shrimp and crab cakes with a smile. I wouldn't return for the price and selection.

1  Thank 3Opinion