“So-so”

Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Durham, North Carolina
“So-so”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I came here for lunch. The food was just average. I was not impressed considering all of the publicity this restaurant receives. I had the chargrilled oysters and those were really good! The lunch fish was chewy and over battered, so was the fried pickles. The service was pretty good, but the bar tender was serving, which took a lot of his time waiting tables and making drinks. I do not plan on returning.

• Visited June 2013

Scottsville, Kentucky, United States
“Great food and service!!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our second time going to Uncle Bubba's in Savannah. The food was great! All of the seafood was fresh and tasted good! We were there for lunch so we ordered from the lunch menu. The lunch portion is more than what we could eat so we were able to take some back to our condo for later. We got a piece of pecan pie to go which was AMAZING! Our waitress, Sidraya, was like a breath of fresh air. She is so friendly and makes you feel right at home. She went out of her way to serve us.....probably the best waitress I've come across in quite awhile!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Dinner”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The chargrilled oysters were very good the service was great! Josh was my server and was very attentive.

Indianapolis
“Don't miss Uncle Bubba's”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stopped in UBOH this past week on our travels from Tybee Island. The place is set in a nice area with good decor. The service was excellent - from the hostess to the man bringing our food! Our server, Sidraya, was a hoot! She was personable and pleasant. We appreciate the fact that she could speak of the food from experience as she's had it all. We tried Cajun food, American, the salad bar and desserts. The key lime pie was excellent! Highly recommended stop.

atlanta
“great view from back room, try the key lime pie”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

family had been here and said it was great so we went back with them this weekend. our waitress did her best to keep up with our party, but it took forever to get our food! It was Saturday and we had reservation for the all you can eat seafood bar. Only one in our party had the bar as the rest of us could not eat enought to justify the 32.00 The bar was country food, and cold bar was raw oysters, fried shrimps and crablegs. my nephew was in heaven and for sure got his 32.00 worth. I felt on the other hand my families food was overcooked. The grilled scallops were over done, the blacked scallops were tasty but also over cooked, i had chargrilled oysters and while the flavor was very good and oysters were very large also overcooked. the she crab stew was awesome but very very rich do not order a bowl as it would be too much for a party of 10! I felt food was kinda expensive but it is seafood and we were sitting on a very pretty marsh so i let it go, if I come back it will be to drink and maybe raw oysters... do not miss the key lime pie through the absolute highlight of my night!!!! they were closing as we were leaving but had just made fresh coffee I could smell it, I wished they had made that sooner I know I would have bought a cup.. it smelled delish