Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Savannah(Savannah)
1,969 results
All reviewscity marketgreat locationvalet parkinghistoric districtbay streetwithin walking distancevalet staffper daybalcony roomthe river walkvery nice hoteldefinitely stay here againcookiessouthern hospitalitytrip to savannahconciergehgi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2010

The lobby and hotel breakfast was near perfect. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
paulkomanecky, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2010

OnTheRoadAgainKY,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you found our staff and breakfast to be great! I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2010

Just returned from our 50th HS class reunion Sept 22-27. Eighty plus guests stayed at the Double Tree and Hilton sister hotels across the street from each other in the historic district. First let me say that there were NO complaints about the facilities of either hotel(sleeping rooms, bathrooms, hallways, dining areas) from any of our more than eighty participants...not one. This group has been getting together each year for more than 20 years, each year in a different city and believe me they let you know if they are not satisfied with the hotel.

The entire staff from Kathyleen the manager (great ideas, always professional) that we worked with for a year to plan this event TO housekepping staff that you incountered on the elevators; everyone was always friendly, helpful, and professional. Each staff person, across the board, seems very well trained in the art of hospitality....., no one has a "that's not my job attitude" they help you or find someone who can help you. Graciously and with a smile. I should mention that all the arrangements and negotiations for our reunion were done by phone/email, none of us live in Savannah so Kathleen was key to the success of the reunion.

Ok, let's talk about the food....we had a buffet brunch on Sunday for 75 people. We worked with Valerie in catering to plan the event. Valerie worked within our budget and everyone enjoyed WONDERFUL food BEAUTIFULLY presented. Borish was our go-to person for the lunchon and all hospitality suite needs. He made it happen.....instantly in the hospitality suite(4 days ) and at the Sunday brunch....a jewel of a man.

These folks go the extra mile, you will feel like a GUEST in these two hotels.

• Stayed: September 2010
paulkomanecky, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2010

threeMainCoons,

Thank you for your kind review. I am so glad you and your group enjoyed your stay with us. I hope if your travels bring you to Savannah in the future, you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

What a disappointing experience this has been. We are on a family vacation traveling with my three children. The front desk help was kind when we arrived however after dropping off our roll away bed we received no linen. After going out for dinner we still did not have linen for the bed I called nonstop the guest service number and front desk, no one answered. It arrived at 10pm. The hotel is only 4 years old but is in bad shape. The floors are dirty and sticky the kids socks are black on the bottom. The concierge was rude and spent all morning on the phone while I was standing there trying to ask her a question. I wish I would have picked a different hotel to stay in for the money we spent we definitely expected more.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
paulkomanecky, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2010

duchossois,

I sincerely apologize for all of the issues that you encountered during your stay. This is not the level of customer service that my managers and I expect from our staff and I will certainly address this with the proper departments. I do hope you will consider giving us another chance should you travel to Savannah again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2010

My husband and I traveled by Amtrak to Savannah Sunday August 29, 2010 and left on Thursday Sept 2, 2010. We were delighted with our room, the service, the staff that made our reservations for the Gospel Dinner cruise on Monday night and the trolley tour
by Old Savannah on Tuesday. The valet service was very attentive, polite and courteous.
The hotel has a wonderful location in between the River Street and the Market Street.
We were within walking distance of many eating establishments, shopping (from
antiquing to t-shirts) and just being able to sit and watch the river area. Definitely want
to come back to the Hilton and the Savannah area!
Tennis and Patty Weeks-Floyd, Virginia

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

tenandpatw,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in Savannah. I hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2010

From the moment we arrived the customer service was not very good! My husband and I both stay in Hilton hotels for business frequently but were not expressed with customer service. They need to hire more staff and get it together. We were on our "babymoom" and were looking to be relax before our baby comes in the next few weeks. From the moment we checked in untill the time we left we were dissappointed with how we were treated. There were 10-15 people waiting for their cars and 2 valets working at checkout?? The only positive thing is we had a nice view and a nice clean room! Beds very very comfortable....that is about it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
paulkomanecky, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2010

fred3232,

Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory customer service you experienced. We strive to show all of our guests true southern hospitality and I am disappointed when I hear that a guest has left unhappy. I will address the staffing issues in our next management meeting. I am glad you found the rooms to be comfortable. Congratulations on the coming addition to your family.