“My New Home away from Home.”

Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District
Ranked #28 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Haines City, Florida
“My New Home away from Home.”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Having traveled around the world I am accustomed to fine service and also know poor service as well. The entire staff, from the Valet to the front desk were exceptional bar none. Everyone could not have made us feel more welcome. Our location was fantastic and safe. Our room was a King suite which we were upgraded too upon check in. The biggest asset this Hotel has ia an exceptional concierge named Pam from Old Savannah Tours (912) 234-8128. This tour gave us a great tour with lots of info about the historic district. Do this first prior to walking around on your own. Once you park the car, walking is what you will be doing. Pam, suggested restaurants and made reservations for us. Gerabaldi's, which is around the corner was outstanding!. It was my Birthday so we wanted somewhere specal to go. The next night was Vic's on the water a few short blocks away again, amazing. Goose feathers for breakfast completed our eating. Had breakfast here twice!!!! Savannah is amazing on its own. The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn made this one of the most enjoyable stays ever! Will never stay anywhere else in Savannah.
Jamie K.

Room Tip: 5th floor Facing the river is amazing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie121660

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Airdrie, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We enjoyed our week long stay at this hotel. The staff was mostly accommodating, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. I would probably have given it an "excellent" review except for a couple of things. One evening when I wasn't feeling well I went downstairs and ordered soup and a sandwich. I waited about 50 minutes for that to arrive from the Hilton across the street.
After leaving Savannah I realize I have lost my address book and a golf shirt. I have tried 5-6 times to reach someone to talk to about this, but all I ever get is an answering machine that promises to call me back. No call in a week. So I am disappointed in these two parts of the experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Lauri W
Danielle V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We are pleased you chose to stay with us during your week long vacation. We’re sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and had to wait for your room service. This is out of character for the hotel and your remarks have been given to our managers for continued improvement. Regarding your lost items, we deeply apologize someone has not contacted you back. Please call the front desk of the hotel at 912-721-5000 and ask to speak to Paul our General Manager. He is awaiting your call and is ready to assist. We hope you will return to stay with us for a improved experience.

Best,
Cartersville, Georgia
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was our first time to stay in the Historic District of Savannah, and we liked it real good. All employees were of the highest caliber, and yet one person stood out from the rest, Antwuan, our valet attendant. He met us at the door when we arrived with a huge smile, which he seemed to wear continuously, and genuinely, as we found out from experience throughout the next few days. But the very first time we came down to retrieve our car, Antwuan greeted us warmly by name, and ran, yes ran to get our car. :) I've been in business for over 35 years now, and when you find someone who treats people the way this young man does....You keep them, and take care of them. Thanks Antwuan, for making this part of the trip memorable, Thanks Hilton Garden Inn. PJ
ps. All of the men working in Valet, were very polite, and courteous. Thanks guys.

1 Thank Allthebaers
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We had a fifth floor room facing City Market. It was easily the noisiest hotel room I have ever stayed in. My husband and I always choose Hilton Hotels for their quality, and this stay was quite surprising. Not only could you hear every word sung from the Karaoke bar across the street until 2AM, but you could hear cars driving by all night, as well as people's conversations on the street. I actually got up three separate times to make sure our windows were closed thinking something had to be open, but alas, it was just poor insulation. I finally called the reception desk for help, and she simply said she couldn't do anything about it. There was never an offer to move to a different room even though the hotel was quite empty. Thankfully we didn't have any kids with us, but I certainly would not recommend this hotel to anyone travelling with children, and would suggest requesting a room facing Bay St., not City Market.

My cousin was travelling with us and had a room with her son on the other side of the hotel. She didn't experience the noise problems we did, however her window was level with the pool deck and didn't have any blackout curtains. It wasn't an issue in November, however she said if it had been pool season, she would have requested to be moved to a private room.

Additionally the price of parking when I booked the hotel said $15, but when we got there we were informed it was $18, even though we showed the confirmation that said $15.

Finally, I booked the room with a discount code on the website. When we checked out the next day, they charged full price. I asked about it, and she said if I had the confirmation with the price of the room they could grant it. However, the confirmation I received only had dates with no prices, and I even showed this to her to which she just stared at me blankly and said "I don't know what to do." I finally gave up because it wasn't worth arguing about. All in all this was a VERY disappointing stay. Even more disappointing was that I tried to address these issues with the manager directly, but cannot locate any contact information other than the reception desk. We will be staying at a different Hilton on our next trip to Savannah!

Room Tip: Request a room facing Bay St. City Market gets very noisy at night.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank CZN
Danielle V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We thank you for your loyalty to Hilton and choosing to stay with us while in Savannah. We deeply apologize for the shortcomings during your stay and we can assure you that these experiences are out of character for the hotel and our staff. Please know that all the rooms have blackout curtains and all email confirmations from Hilton provide the rate paid on the confirmation. We do not change the rates at the Front Desk therefore what you were charged is what was booked online. We apologize you did not enjoy your stay with us and we hope to provide you with a more characteristic stay in the future.

LUTZ
Reviewed November 28, 2012

From the moment we pulled up to the hotel and were greeted by our valet, Antwuan we were impressed with this hotel. When we arrived, our room was not ready so Savanna offered to store our belongings in the back office so we could explore the city. The hotel is a very short walk to both City Market and River Street.
The lobby was decorated for Christmas and was very charming with the lit fireplace and beautiful tree. Every employee we came in contact with on our stay was super friendly.
Our room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable.
We had breakfast the following morning in the restaurant and our server Nelson was fantastic. We did not have to ask for anything. Try the eggs benedict!
We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Savannah.

Macon, Georgia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

After my stay here in September, I returned with my daughter for Thanksgiving. Another great stay...front desk staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Only downside was the breakfast on Friday morning. My daughter was very frustrated that her omelet was runny when she specifically requested well done. Service could have been better because there weren't that many guests. Would still stay here again, though.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Danielle V, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We hope you and your daughter had a great Thanksgiving and thank you for staying with us again. We apologize you didn’t have an excellent time at breakfast and hope you will come back to dine with us again for more characteristic experience. Thank you for being loyal guests and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,
Ashtabula, Ohio
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel is in a perfect location. Walk out the side door and you are on the corner of City Market. Walk out the front door and you are a couple blocks from the River Front. What I loved about the hotel is that they had a bar. Another nice touch is the book of restaurant menus in the lobby. Having a concierge is nice, too.