We have been to Savannah a number of times but this was our first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn...Its located right in the Historic District so this is where you will want to be..The City Market is literally directly behind the hotel..A walk across Bay Street and down steps or an elevator and youre on River Street. We parked the car on a Friday and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go until our departure on Sunday...
The hotel staff were extremely friendly ..all of them...
Our room was great...we always get a king plus a recommend you ask for a room facing Bay Street and get one of the rooms that has a balcony to be able to step out and see whats happening..We had read that it was noisy...you could here some traffic noise but we were on the 3rd floor and it wasnt really a problem.
There is a small parking lot right behind the hotel but we used the valet parking which was and easy in and out ($15)..
We went out for lunch and supper again being able to walk...Had the buffet breakfast in the hotel which was quite good..
Stopped each evening at the tiny lobby bar...great friendly staff..
The only thing I could say that wasnt up to par was the tv channel selection...
They did have nice flat screens but only 20 or so channels...Of course we werent in the room much but when we did settle in for the night more choice would have been nice..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Explore historic downtown Savannah from Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District hotel, situated one block from River Street, City Market, and historic Broughton Street. Located just 20 minutes from Savannah International Airport, this hotel is within easy access of Savannah’s vibrant night life, shopping, dining, and entertainment options.Wake up to a delicious, full, cooked-to-order breakfast at Great American Grill® or sip on cool, evening drinks at this Savannah hotel’s inviting pub. Enjoy a fantastic selection of snack, treats, and microwavable meals in the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry® convenience store or feel invigorated with a revitalizing workout in the modern fitness center. Lounge in the outdoor pool or bathe in the warm, soothing whirlpool. Positioned near to a variety of businesses, this historic downtown Savannah hotel boasts five modern, versatile meeting rooms. Host a conference or special event for up to 120 guests and relax while professional planners take care of the details. Enjoy a comfortable, quiet space for work in the 24-hour Business Center and stay connected with complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Savannah Historic District Hotel Savannah
- Savannah Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Savannah