“Old Town Savannah Tour and Boston Tour”

Old Town Trolley Tours of Savannah
Ranked #14 of 145 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: You haven’t seen Savannah until you’ve been on Old Town Trolley Tours. Discover the charm of Georgia’s oldest city with 15 stops on this 90-minute narrated tour where guests can disembark for shopping, dining and attractions all day. See the City Market, River Street, the squares, and the stunning homes of the Historic District. Specialty tours include Ghost & Gravestones frightseeing tour and the Paula Deen Tour. All tours have a 100% money back guarantee.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Collingdale, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Old Town Savannah Tour and Boston Tour”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I can't remember word for word what I wrote on my first reply to Old Town Trolley Tour of Savannah but in a word, the most memorable experience I have ever had!! It was truly wonderful thanks to Cindy and Michael the Englishman!! Also my best regards to Don our Ghost Tour Guide and Jodi the driver!! They made it truly magical for me on my 62nd Birthday which my daughters so graciously surprised me with . We came from Collingdale Pa and I will never forget this trip because of all of your employees especially the ones named above. If you would like, you may transfer my original comments to this page. I would be very happy if you did!!!! Thanks again Terri, Melanie and Melissa from Pennsylvania! Also we tipped because they are truly deserving of them!!!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great introduction to sights of Savannah”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Our tour guide, Terry, gave us a very informative and enthusiastic introduction to this beautiful city. I felt that without this tour I would have missed many important elements of the history and architecture.

The trolleys were frequent and the whole operation seemed efficient and well-organised.

Visited October 2013
NH
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Try and get Denise as your driver/tour guide!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Denise MADE the tour. VERY knowledgeable, constantly talking and a great sense of humor. We got on her bus at stop #11, but got off at the end of the tour (Stop #14?). We went to a couple of the museums - we bought a combo ticket that allowed us to do this. NOTE: the problem with getting off and on the tour is that most parking spots in Savannah have a 2-hour limit, and the trolley tour alone is 90 minutes. Not sure if you can renew your parking spot from anywhere in the city, but worth a try - so REMEMBER your parking number!
We had to change buses at the end of the tour, and had a gentleman named Terry driving us. He was OK, but not up to par with Denise. We got off for a tour of a house, and ended up catching a trolley later in the day that had Denise!! She said she remembered us, and I don't doubt it with the amount of information she has stored in her head about the city and it's history. Don't know if it was for the effect or not, but she supposedly saw/yelled at/waved to her brother and a niece during the drive. She did say that there were 4 things you had to try/do while in Savannah, but we could only remember 2 - Byrd's cookies (don't bother) and Leopold's Ice Cream - didn't get the chance.
Well worth the money, especially if you get Denise. Not so sure that the extra $ for the museums was worth it - depends if you like that sort of thing. The Telfair Museum was a waste of Time.

fort lee, nj
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good but stop asking for tips”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is an informative, pleasant overview of the city. While the guides are enthusiastic, there is no call for the multiple signs asking/suggesting tips for the driver. This is supposed to be a genteel place, and this changes the atmosphere. With get on/get off privileges, how many drivers should be tipped anyway?

Acworth, Georgia, United States
“Our Savannah trip”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My wife and I went to Savannah, Ga. for the first time. We took the Old town Trolley Tour and got on and off all day. We were able to ride along with four different tour guides during our day. We both were very pleased with Vee. She was very funny and seemed to truly enjoy telling the stories of Savannah. None of the other drivers were as enjoyable as Vee was. Vee made the trip more memorable for us. We would take the tour again if we were guaranteed to have Vee as our driver.