“My Favorite in Savannah”

Moon River Brewing Company and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moon River Brewing Company and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 911 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Whitaker St. and Bull St.
Description: The Moon River Brewing Company is founded on our obsession with creating the ideal restaurant and brewery experience. Striving for this ideal, we are committed to providing three basic services. We are dedicated, first and foremost, to providing you with a comfortable and relaxing environment with prompt and cheerful service. Secondly, we are committed to serving you a delicious variety of freshly prepared foods. Our kitchen is a boiling pot of diversity, offering a range of dishes from simple comfort food to eclectic gourmet cuisine. Finally, we are undeniably passionate about serving great beer. Whether you are new to Savannah, or just passing through, you find a warm atmosphere and a great selection food and spirits. We can accommodate groups, or a table for two. Either way, Moon River Brewing Company is a great start to a good time.
Reviewed July 5, 2007

I have been to Savannah too many times to count but I saw the bad reviews and just had to write. My husband and I go to Savannah regularly and each time, I have to eat at Moon River. Their food and service has always been great and the prices are reasonable too. I go for the crab melt sandwich which comes out bubbling with cheese and is to die for!!!! I hope they never take it off the menu. The beer is good and always cold! We just love it there and hope you do too!!

1  Thank Kittycleat
Write a ReviewReviews (2,112)

Reviewed April 12, 2007

We've actually went to the Moon River Brewing Co. on both of our trips to Savannah simply because it was close to where we were staying, and we didn't have to wait to get in.

The food is so-so, though I did have a great crab melt sort of dish there that I truly did enjoy. The first time I ate there though I had ordered a burger and fries which were only so-so. Service was ok on our 1st time there, slow on our 2nd visit. Specialty beer was just ok, nothing special.

All in all our both of our experiences were just so-so. If you can find somewhere else to go, you'll probably have a better experience. If you can't get to anywhere else or this place is easier to get to; then that's fine too, just don't expect anything great.

Reviewed April 2, 2007

Waitress had a very stained or dirty shirt on. Onion rings were ok, but the rest was mush. If you are looking for a better lunch try Wendys.

1  Thank Jeff76
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My wife and I ducked into this brew house on our recent trip to Savannah. It was mid afternoon and it was pretty quiet. We were hungry and thirsty so we found seats at the bar in hopes of getting faster service. Bad idea.

We sat for several minutes before the bartender acknowledged us and he said "he would be with us in a minute". The place was not packed and he was not terribly busy - ok - maybe he had something to do. Like watch TV for about 5 minutes before came back over to us. We could see him watching TV from where we were seated, I don't know what he was thinking.

So when he finally returned, we order our drinks - I get a sampler of all of the beers and my wife selects one on the fly as this is the first time we have had a chance to see a beer list or menu. The bartender didn't seem happy that I asked him to pour 7 small beers for me, but then again he didn't seem too happy to pour my wife one regular sized beer either.

I've been to many brew pubs in my life and every time I have ordered a sampler - you get some sort of guidance about the beers. Sometimes the bartender will line them up according to the beer list or tell you about each one as he sets it in front of you. The bartender here didn't do anything like that - they were in completely random order and he didn't say a single word as he placed them in front of me. I did my best to guess based off the beer list, but it would have been easier if I had been told what they were to begin with. When I asked him what one I was drinking - he shrugged his shoulders. I don't know if he was just rude or rude and incompetent. Either way, he lost a sale.

After we got our drink order, we wanted him to take our food order. But our bartender had additional TV to watch and said he'd be back in a few minutes. He did fill a few orders for drinks for the dining room, but he was really into sports on TV. After three attempts to get his attention, he finally came over to get our food order. This was about 20 minutes after he delivered our drinks - unacceptable! We ordered the two quickest things on the menu - Chips and Salsa and Chicken Fingers. The Chips and Salsa came out about 10 minutes later. After another 10 minutes and no sign of the chicken fingers - I got the bartender's attention and asked him to bring us the check and to cancel the chicken fingers. Apparently, he never put in the chicken finger order because as he said "You didn't order chicken fingers" No surprise, it took him forever to bring the check.

The service was so poor that I can't recommend Moon River. The beer was just ok - I wasn't that impressed by any of the beers on tap.

1  Thank Haymarket_Sooner
Reviewed April 2, 2007

We went here for the 6 o'clock toast on Friday that I discovered while researching on their website. Our server was Caitlyn and she was excellent! The toast was fun. They don't carry any Budweiser products, Miller is there, but have their own brewed beer. I agree about the Savannah Fest.

We went back another time because I was dying to try the shrimp stuff with kielbasa. They were terrible! They were simply small pink shrimp with some sort of stuffing on top of them. I read the menu again to be sure I hadn't misunderstood. Nope! I sent them back and they acted like I was a jerk. My friend ordered chips and salsa. The chips were broken pieces with the hottest salsa you've ever tasted. Very disappointing in the food department.

The kitchen closes at 11 p.m. too. I probably wouldn't go back.

2  Thank pahhobbs x