“Top-notch service”

Moon River Brewing Company and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moon River Brewing Company and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #156 of 911 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Whitaker St. and Bull St.
Description: The Moon River Brewing Company is founded on our obsession with creating the ideal restaurant and brewery experience. Striving for this ideal, we are committed to providing three basic services. We are dedicated, first and foremost, to providing you with a comfortable and relaxing environment with prompt and cheerful service. Secondly, we are committed to serving you a delicious variety of freshly prepared foods. Our kitchen is a boiling pot of diversity, offering a range of dishes from simple comfort food to eclectic gourmet cuisine. Finally, we are undeniably passionate about serving great beer. Whether you are new to Savannah, or just passing through, you find a warm atmosphere and a great selection food and spirits. We can accommodate groups, or a table for two. Either way, Moon River Brewing Company is a great start to a good time.
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Went to Moon River on a Friday evening with wife, 13 year old, 11 year old. Server was extremely helpful with beer selection, and very patient with our indecision on food. The food was terrific, my wife loved the fried green tomatoes, I had a very good crab melt. Best meal we had during a week in Jekyll Island and Savannah.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed July 11, 2010

We ate at this restaurant on a Saturday night. Our server was very nice and the food was delicious. Try the sweet potato fries with the vanilla dipping sauce... amazing! The food is fairly priced and there's a lot to pick from. They have a lot of unique beers, get the sampler to try all of them! There are 6 or 7 of them that they'll bring to you in small glasses. I would love to eat here again if I ever return to Savannah!

Reviewed June 3, 2010

The best part of this experience was the beer. And only one of us is a beer drinker! If we ever decide to visit again, it will be ONLY for the beer, nothing else. The service was lacking; and the server was rude. One of us ordered the stuffed chicken with Au gratin potatoes and dirty rice. The chicken was terrible. It was over-cooked, not properly seasoned with too many herbs just thrown on. The other ordered Salmon Oscar, which is a crab-cake topped grilled salmon with a sauce. It also came with a side of broccoli which weI had asked NOT to have, Au gratin potatoes and a side salad. The salmon itself was tasty, but the crab cake was oily and lacking in flavor. We also had an appetizer of the fried-green tomatoes. They, along with the beer were the only highlights of the dinner. The dinner really turned south when one of us found a HAIR in the potatoes! That ruined BOTH of our dinners instantly. At that point we were ready to go. The manager compensated us for the 2 potato sides, which I thought was a meek compensation. We would've gladly paid for the salmon dinner, but the chicken dinner that was accompanied with hair should've been completely compensated. We do not recommend this for anything other than a beer brewed right in Savannah. There are far better places to eat!! Thank goodness we had a gift certificate from Restaurant.com, but we're still sorry we spent an additional $25 there!

Reviewed May 24, 2010

I frequent Savannah, and on every trip there Moon River is one of my first stops. The atmosphere is fun, the staff very friendly, and the beer is great. When I visit I normally sit at the bar. The bartenders are very knowledgeable about their beers, make great recommendations, and give samples if you're unsure about beer choice. They are also polite and engaging. Their food is pretty good, albeit a little expensive. I recommend avoiding their steamed mussels, as they were chewy and flavorless. They have great burgers and a wide variety of tasty beer. If it is a family meal you're coming for, I suggest coming earlier, because later in the evening they stop serving most foods and become strictly a bar. At this time they play loud music and allow smoking inside the building. If you're out on a pub crawl, you should make Moon River a stop, as they also serve liquor drinks. Their beer selection is full and varied. They have something for everyone, from lagers to IPAs, from wheats to stouts. They even have hard ciders for those who don't enjoy beer. My personal favorites are the Swamp Fox IPA and the Wit. It is conveniently located on Bay Street, just a few blocks from River Street.

Also, for all your Ghost Hunters fans, Moon River was featured on an episode and is supposedly haunted. I offer no evidence to the veracity of these claims, as the only spirits I have found were of the decidely more earthly type.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

This past weekend I celebrated my anniversary with my partner in Savannah, Georgia. I used one of my favorite sites, Open Table, and made a reservation for the Moon River Brewing Company. My first thought was, being a "brewing company," I may want to rethink my choice, but looked at the menu, and it seemed good. I also liked the location on Bay St., close to many other places of interest. Upon arrival we were promptly seated and the waitress was friendly and cheerful. As an appetizer, we ordered "awesome dip" and the only thing "awesome" about it was that it arrived quickly. It was bland, and seemed to have very little flavor.
For entrees, my partner had the Chicken Breast stuffed with crabmeat, and I ordered the tuna steak. The chicken breast had no flavor, and in the stuffing, there seemed to be very little crab. My tuna steak also seemed drab. It had a drizzle of some kind of sauce, but it did nothing to add to the taste. The cheesy potatoes that my partner had were "cheesy" all right, but not in a good way. The only bread that came to the table was in the crabmeat stuffing.
We did not sample any of the beers. The food was enough of a disappointment. It was a celebration, so I did not want to complain. If you are visiting Savannah, be sure to read up on the places you may want to dine. This one may disappoint you.

1  Thank ghosthunterdan