“Chance to try different beers”

Moon River Brewing Company and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Moon River Brewing Company and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 901 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between Whitaker St. and Bull St.
Description: The Moon River Brewing Company is founded on our obsession with creating the ideal restaurant and brewery experience. Striving for this ideal, we are committed to providing three basic services. We are dedicated, first and foremost, to providing you with a comfortable and relaxing environment with prompt and cheerful service. Secondly, we are committed to serving you a delicious variety of freshly prepared foods. Our kitchen is a boiling pot of diversity, offering a range of dishes from simple comfort food to eclectic gourmet cuisine. Finally, we are undeniably passionate about serving great beer. Whether you are new to Savannah, or just passing through, you find a warm atmosphere and a great selection food and spirits. We can accommodate groups, or a table for two. Either way, Moon River Brewing Company is a great start to a good time.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had a coupon for Moon River which I presented to the waitress as soon as she came to take our orders. She was very accepting of the coupon and thanked me for having it ready. It did not seem to affect her level of service. We chose to eat around 4PM so there were not that many people there. Most were sitting around the bar trying samplers.
We both cose the house beer. It was drinkable but not something I would try again- just personal taste ( I normally drink Bud Lite or Select 55 so you can tell I am not a big beer drinker)
I chose the sausage,spinach,cheese stuffed chicken breast( only found 2 SMALL pieces of sausage) with sweet potato fries and slaw. There was a cinnamon flavored dipping sauce for the fries that was very yummy. Both my husband and I enjoyed their creamy based slaw -very fresh and crunchy.
My husband ordered the sausage and potato dish which consisted of 3 different sauages and scalloped potatoes -with a side of slaw. He enjoyed the sausages and was very full at he end. He is not a big scalloped potato fan but he did eat these.
There was a beer on the menu that the description listed it as tasting like dark chocolate. This intrigued my husband so he ordered this as his glass was getting empty. He had to admit it did have a dark chocolate taste but he was not able to finish it.
The room was very clean and enjoyable. The bathrooms were very clean. This restaurant would definately be a fun place to relax with friends...especially when they open their outside area this summer. Just not a big fan of the heavier beer.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The beer was decent, but the food was only so-so. Prices were good and service was good, but the food took awhile to get to our table. I would recommend stopping in for a drink and an appetizer but having dinner elsewhere.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at the Moon River Brewing Company. Our waitress was friendly and the food was served quickly. The highlight was after our meal when we had a chance to tour the basement and second floor in order to hunt for the ghosts. We may not have see any but certainly felt their presence!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I had the low boil crab& cheese on bread and it was fantastic. My wife got the pork bbq sandwich -- it was barely lukewarm when it arrived. They did give her a new one that was hot.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

When were quite pleased with the beers and appetizers we got on out day trip to Savannah. I noticed that they are constructing a beer garden to open in summer of 2013. Would be a great addition.