“helpful!”

and up
Savannah Land and Sea Combo Tour
Ranked #34 of 233 things to do in Savannah
Reviewed October 10, 2017

A stop to this visitor center provided us with plenty of information for our visit. Pamphlets on Bonaventure Cemetery, parking passes and a few souvenirs.

All reviews
"city market"
"lighthouse"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

My sister, son and myself recently visited the center and Pam was extremely helpful. I explained to Pam that my son is autistic and loves pamphlets and brochures. She told my son to help himself and take as much as he wants. She also introduced my son to Stephon who is the Director of 1st Impressions, who took an immediate liking to my son. Both Pam and Stephon are great assets to the Savannah Visitors Center!!

1  Thank buckeyelee
Reviewed September 23, 2017

We like to stop at visitor centers when in a city and talk with staff about what is popular and what is the best value tourist options. The staff person we talked with had a cold and may be having an off day. Not real helpful. Savannah citizens seem exceptionally friendly and helpful during the rest of our stay. There's lots of pamphlets to pick up and a gift shop. There is a large parking lot. Hop on hop off tours start there. Clean and nice building.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Since we started our trolley tour by this visitor center, we decided to stop in for a few minutes afterward. This is where you would go to purchase the Savannah parking pass. It provides you with unlimited street or city garage parking for 1 or 2 days. It's a good deal and you won't have to worry about keeping quarters for the meters.

Based on the timing of our visit, we ended up not purchasing it since the meters aren't enforced after a certain time. Keep that in mind when weighing your options. I can also see it being a great alternative if you are staying within the historic district and don't want to pay your hotel's parking/valet fees.

Even if you don't need or want the parking pass, I'd recommend at least stopping here to pick up a map. I know we live in an age where we use our phone for everything, but there's certainly value in having a physical map in hand that's geared towards visitors and the various points of interest. We also learned that Savannah offers a free transit service that does a loop. We didn't end up using that either, but you can pick up a map for that here as well.

Finally, we enjoyed browsing through the gift shop inside. They had some unique local items and I made my requisite fridge magnet purchase here. I liked their selection the best compared to other places we had seen up to that point.

3  Thank thedlr