“Great Place to stan when visiting Savannah”
Review of South Beach

South Beach
Ranked #51 of 233 things to do in Savannah
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed August 25, 2017

We had the best of both - History and Beach. Some of our group rented a house and others brought their RVs and all stayed onTybee.

All reviews
"surfing"
"ships"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time here. Parking will be your toughest fight. Even if beach crowed there is sooo much beach. You will find a spot. We had a ton of fun here. I thought the water was sort of dirty but maybe we hit a bad day. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 12, 2017

I love this beach because it's at the end of the island and not crowded like it is over by the pier. Sadly it has very little parking and no services there but the sand is great and it has a beautiful view of Little Tybee Island and the Back River.

1  Thank Hollyreubens
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Enough already. I'm a local. Don't you know we like our quirky little island kept a secret. Driving onto the island is like stepping back in time. A bit of kitsch, a bit of sea air, and a whole lot of chillin. Ain't nothing fancy about Tybee. Just good folks, good seafood, and a good time. I'm counting the days for fall when the crowds of bronzed bodies thins out. If you like cookie-cutter beachside resorts, Tybee ain't for you. If you like one-of-a-kind places, you'll fall in love with Tybee and its come-one, come-all vive. No Hilton Head mansions here, just a charming pastel flip-flop cottage culture. Shoot. Did I make it sound to good to be true? Well in my book it is, but to each their own. Shhh...I mean it, don't tell anyone about Tybee.

5  Thank Cyndee122