“Nice beach”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The beach was fairly good. Large amount of parking. Lifeguards on duty. Free to go on pier, which is very unusual.

9  Thank Tommyr73
There are newer reviews for South Beach

Reviewed June 10, 2014

The water looks green, but it's not dirty. The sand is like sugar and the water is warm (not like the freezing pacific). Wear sunscreen! It is beautiful.

8  Thank Skap234
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Where do I start? The parking lots are disgusting. Dirty diapers, trash and clothes all over the grounds. The public restrooms by the pier are so dirty and smell of urine. I literally wanted to puke. The beach is filled with cigarette butts , bottle caps and trash everywhere. In the short time we were there I had seen 3 people cut and bleeding from whatever they stepped on. The pier was filthy as well. The service from the vendors in the pier was horrendous. Also the atmosphere I was picking up in the pavilion was that of a crack house . It was the feeling as if I wanted to hang out and get high it was the perfect place. I was so disappointed. No hotels on the beach so much wasted potential. I myself will never visit this beach again unless they do some serious renovations. If it were not for the folks at fannies and the great food and service there. Our trip would've been a complete waste of time.

29  Thank Danny H
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The south end beach is great and clean specially at low tide.
And in comparison to the 2 other beachs at Tybee, it is very calm and peacefull. Wonderfull place to have a walk and look for marine life.

4  Thank NRRobinson
Reviewed March 18, 2014

As always parking was alittle expensive. . We love just sitting back and enjoying the waves. . It is our happy place

3  Thank Stacey D