“Good, Clean, Fun”

More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a blast! The only cost was to pay for parking. The bathroom we changed in smelled awful and I made sure I touched none of the surfaces! But after that was over, we walked over the hill and were on the beach. The beach was clean, there was a small crowd, but plenty of room to enjoy yourself. Some of my family walked to the pavilion and got hot dogs. I didn't get a chance to go, because I was too busy splashing in the water and building sand castles! Overall it was a great experience!

16  Thank Cocoabrie

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It would be so cool if it ran every hour! I missed the 10am one because I thought (my bad) that there was one at 11am. Instead, I had to take a cab and pay $31 (which is 10x as much as the $3 shuttle fee) to make my kayaking appointment. It's also not very clear if the last shuttle that comes from Savannah goes back to Savannah as well (it does, thank goodness).

I'm grateful for its existence though, it was somewhat convenient and saved me some cash.

8  Thank Andrea_Traveller
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Me and two associates and my daughter drove to hilton head and walked on the beach. We loved it and I planned to stay but interruptions occured. I hope to go back in the near future. It was so peaceful and the atmosphere was welcoming and calm.

5  Thank Andrea N
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The beach is never over run with people,and has all the accesses for day and night leisure and entertainment. Activities are year around.

6  Thank Shoshannah A
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were staying in Savannah, so only a 30 min pretty drive from there. Parking was easy being Feb and nice that it's a pay and display type but you can go all over the island with the same ticket.
Loved it, beautiful long sandy beach with lots of shells. A nicely kept pier. We are from the Canadian Prairies, so it was a thrill to be at the beach! Bought a bag of hamburger buns to feed the seagulls (we're easily entertained) and went for a long walk.
We went specifically on Sunday for Bernie's oyster bar all you can eat shuck your own oysters from 12 to 4pm. So good and such value!
On the way to Tybee beach there is a beautifully maintained cycling/ walking path along the river/inlet?

Yes most of the shops are a little tacky..but it's the seaside!
We went for a last visit before going home but it was the Sat before Mardi Gras and a little cheesy in town...much like the village carnivals I remember from Devon days in England. So we had a last walk on the beach and skipped the town...had a chuckle at the bored looking teens walking around, thinking how glad we're passed that stage of holidaying with teens!
I'm not sure I'd like it as much in summer when it's busy and crowded, perfect in Feb!

10  Thank Sue p