“Yummy”

River House Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
River House Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 864 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Experience genuine Savannah flavor while dining in an 1820's King Cotton Warehouse watching the merchant ships float by. Enjoy local favorites such as crispy scored flounder, shrimp & grits, filet mignon and fresh lobster. Save room for our signature desserts including praline cheesecake, pecan pie and bananas foster.
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Enjoyed the food ! Loved the lobster/shrimp bisque ! Great place to eat! The service was wonderful ! Did not have to wait to be seated and helped us with the baby.

• Visited November 2013

“Enjoyable dining experience with great food!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was the first meal we had in Savannah and it was by far my favorite. Several other reviewers mentioned the price and I felt the food was exceptional and worth the price. We ate at other places that were just as pricy and not as good. I had crab cakes and they were delicious. Our waitress was very good and it was a great cozy atmosphere for our first night in Savannah ( a mother/daughter reunion of 6). I would return to this restaurant if I am ever back in the area.

2 Thank Karen T
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“The early bird special is the ticket here”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This place can be a little pricey. If you go for the early bird special you can choose an app, entrée and desert. The scallops were very good and fresh. My friend ordered shrimp and grits, VERY GOOD. Dessert was probably the best part of our meal. We each chose something different in order to sample some of each. She got the chocolate bread pudding and it was amazing. I ordered praline cheesecake YUM. We really loved the history of this place and we were able to walk those desserts off on river street afterward.

Columbia, SC
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

My wife and I were in Savannah for the Rock and Roll Marathon. I mention that because with around twenty thousand runners in the past we have had trouble finding places to eat due to the crowds. When we walked right in to the River House it should have been a give away that it was nothing special. The menu was varied and the food was good but not outstanding, probably overpriced for the quality. I ordered a blackened fish sandwich. It was well prepared but the fish was cut so thick it could not be eaten as a sandwich. My wife ordered the fried green tomato BLT. She found it to be rather bland, not bad just not much flavor. Service was ok but I'm not sure I would recommend the River House to friends.

Wakeman, Ohio
“River House Revisited”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Early bird special gave us a nice salad, appetizer entree and a desert. Nice not feeling stuffed. We love the history down by the river in this area. I had shrimp and grits my wife had the scallops. Both were good. I had pecan pie my wife had the cheese cake for desert. We would recommend this.

Visited November 2013