“We loved the food here”

River House Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
River House Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 858 Restaurants in Savannah
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Experience genuine Savannah flavor while dining in an 1820's King Cotton Warehouse watching the merchant ships float by. Enjoy local favorites such as crispy scored flounder, shrimp & grits, filet mignon and fresh lobster. Save room for our signature desserts including praline cheesecake, pecan pie and bananas foster.
CMH
“We loved the food here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate at this restraint twice while in Savannah. I only point this out as we seldom eat at the same place twice while traveling so we can experience more of the local scene. When we do repeat a trip to the same location it is because there is something we really enjoyed. At this place the Shrimp and Grits are outstanding! We did get turned away on one visit as the entire restaurant was reserved for a party, that was a bit of a turn off. On our second visit there were a couple of girls singing while one played the guitar and they were not good, hence the 3 rating on atmosphere. The service we received was very good and we enjoyed this place overall.

• Visited September 2013

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excellent all round - welcomed at the door - seated at the best table, with a river view and close to the live music. The server was attentive with a sense or humor. The wine was first class and 1/2 price on Tuesday nights. The live music was provided by The Two Roses. Sisters whose harmonised singing was a joy to witness. The food was cooked perfectly and well presented. All in all a memorable experience

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Not going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I live in Savannah and really would rather eat at home. But my daughter and granddaughter were visiting from South Africa and decided one afternoon to find someone who had a good pecan pie. My daughter saw that the River House had one so we went there. As we were seated in the dining room, we decided to share a couple of appetizers and had the calamari and fried green tomatoes. Then had the pecan pie. Service was a bit slow tho the place wasn't full. Food was okay. But that evening, I was sick during the night and my daughter didn't get sick but was queasy. Needless to say, not going there again. I find that the best place to eat in Savannah is right here at my home.

• Visited May 2013
Loveland, Ohio
“Mahi Sandwich and Lobster Bisque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

What a great stop! The hit was clearly the lobster bisque, but the entire lunch was nothing short of amazing. The only thing that kept me from awarding the fifth point was the extra long time it took to get my Mahi sandwich (with blue cheese slaw, no less) out of the kitchen. The restaurant was not crowded, and it was a Sunday...after the lunch rush...so there was no reason to take so long. It was almost worth the wait, though, because everything was so good. Plus the local brew went down easy while we were waiting.

Akron, Ohio
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a great place in a great place, with great service and great food. I hate to overuse this word - but, if any place qualifies, this is it. Enjoy!